testtest

Shotguns

I want a 12 gauge shotgun, but I need one with the softest recoil impulse because I have neck and shoulder problems that are easily aggravated. Due to this condition I had to sell off my pre-ban HK/Benelli M1S90 Tactical ... what would you suggest.
The M4 is a great choice. Recoil is slightly softer than the very soft shooting 1301 Tactical. The 1301 is considerably lighter though and about $500 ( or more) cheaper.

What’s your budget ?

While I have done a hacksaw job on barrels…and seen them done with a pipe cutter (if you have a vent rib, this won’t work)…best to pay a ‘smith to do it; usually a very nominal charge, and they will often re-tap the front bead & reblue the cut edge.

Personally, if I was doing that, I’d buy a spare barrel for it, and cut that one.
If it was a gun I liked or a valuable gun I’d just buy a different gun for HD. There are better options. Model 11 is a $500 gun usually so if there’s no sentimental attachment an irreversible modification might be acceptable. Although I too would probably just buy another barrel for it. At least that way it’s a little more versatile.

Love my shotguns. Latest addition is a Churchill 512 SxS 20ga. Excellent field gun, took quite a few doves this past season and not too bad on the Sporting Clay range as well. Going to have to add a butt pad though, even for a 20 it packs a punch to this 66yo shoulder.

IMG_1977.jpeg

I have not, who makes a nice semi-auto 20 ga that I can mount a red dot on and is ammunition readily available?
My wife has a Franchi Affinity 20 ga for turkey hunting. The receiver is drilled and tapped. Put a rail and red dot on it for her and she has smoked 3-4 toms with it.
No sure what barrel lengths are available, you might need a gunsmith to cut it down.
I think her barrel is 26".

@Bassbob I posted this pic the other day and forgot to ask this question, i am not a shotgun expert in no way. rarely have i deer hunted with one. i have squirrel a bird hunted a lot with one, but on the subject of chokes and buckshot,

this gun had a modified choke in it and with the sterling 00 buck was throwing it all over. i put the full choke in and it gave me the patterns you see. Now my question is that a decent pattern for 00 buck at 15 yards. i thought it should be a tighter group but i am not certain of it. Think that is 15 rounds on the larger target. now some of that was kinda rapid firing and not from a rest or cheating like i do with handguns.lol guess i shoulda started another thread and not derail javbikes thread.

20240226_105039.jpg

@Bassbob I posted this pic the other day and forgot to ask this question, i am not a shotgun expert in no way. rarely have i deer hunted with one. i have squirrel a bird hunted a lot with one, but on the subject of chokes and buckshot,

this gun had a modified choke in it and with the sterling 00 buck was throwing it all over. i put the full choke in and it gave me the patterns you see. Now my question is that a decent pattern for 00 buck at 15 yards. i thought it should be a tighter group but i am not certain of it. Think that is 15 rounds on the larger target. now some of that was kinda rapid firing and not from a rest or cheating like i do with handguns.lol guess i shoulda started another thread and not derail javbikes thread.

View attachment 53309
I'm no expert either BF, but I would say that is a pretty wide spread there. Sterling isn't really something I would pick for hunting or SD though.

Back