testtest

Shots taken during deer season

Faulkner

Elite
I'm sure like most of those that hunt I get to see so much of nature while I'm out during hunting season. Even though I may spend all day and not see Mr. Big Buck I still get to see a lot of other wildlife, so I started carrying my DSLR camera with me along with my rifle. On some of my best hunting days I may not have put any meat in the freezer but I got some good photo captures. Here are a few.

Hunting (1).jpg

Hunting (4).JPG

Hunting (6).JPG

Hunting (3).JPG

Hunting.JPG

Hunting (2).jpg

Cool pics! Love those Pileated woodpeckers. And is that first pic a Barred Owl?

My best wildlife encounter while hunting this season was having this black bear walk right up to me. He had no idea I was there until he was about 50' away and I said "Hey!" and then he turned and ran into the next county. 🤣

4lk2QR.jpg

Yes, it's a barred owl. I was sitting on the stand when I heard just the wisp of wind behind me. When I slowly turned it was sitting there looking at me.

Great bear story. I had something similar happen to me with a grizzly while hiking in Alaska. I was able to snap a few quick pictures with my zoom lens then I beat feet outa there.

2017-05 Alaska D5300  (366)a.JPG

Last edited:
I used to bow hunt a LOT. Many of my best hunts and memories were trips where I didn’t even get a shot at Bambi.😊. One of my best came one evening. I was sitting under a big oak tree watching a cornfield. Deer came into it every evening by one of three trails. The trick was being on the right one. This time I’d been in the same place for about 4 hours. The deer had came down another trail and were peacefully grazing about 150 yards away. I was sitting there, bow across my lap watching them. Very calm and relaxed. Suddenly there was thing incredibly loud Whuffa whuffa whuffa sound very close. Hair stood upon the back of my neck. Right then there’s a flash and this great horned owl nails this mouse not 20 feet from me😊. The sound I’d heard was his wings as he launched himself out of the tree I was under👍. Great and very memorable hunt👍

Back