testtest

Should a You Help an Innocent Victim?

Being as I am from Illinois , the third comment in that article is a bunch of :poop:. It doesn't matter if you have an FCCL ( firearms concealed carry license ) or not when on your own property. We don't have a duty to retreat . If they come in a threatening manner it is go time.

If I come up on a scene where two individuals are struggling , I don't know who is in the right if either so I will call police and be a good observer.

It all depends on the situation and how it is playing out. My first responsibility is to my family and myself. After that we will see.

Being as I am from Illinois , the third comment in that article is a bunch of :poop:. It doesn't matter if you have an FCCL ( firearms concealed carry license ) or not when on your own property. We don't have a duty to retreat . If they come in a threatening manner it is go time.

If I come up on a scene where two individuals are struggling , I don't know who is in the right if either so I will call police and be a good observer.

It all depends on the situation and how it is playing out. My first responsibility is to my family and myself. After that we will see.
Agree papa 100%......got to protect your own.

Here in the People's Republik of Maryland, our first duty is to retreat. Deadly force can NOT be used to protect property, or anything that can be insured/replaced. "Life and limb" only.

We are able to defend our private property, in the case of a home invasion. No Stand Your Ground, but we do have Castle Doctrine.

All the scenarios in the article require the same thing - KNOW YOUR LAWS. And, know the situation. I know if I'm in a situation where I'm defending myself, or a group of innocents, from an offender and someone walks in and sees me with my XDs and shoots ME because they don't know what's going on?

I'd die PISSED.

Be a good witness, until life and limb threats prevent you from doing so. And if you do have to use deadly force, make DAMNED sure you're aiming for the right target.

The fourth story in particular - guy strangling girl in the courtyard. Who's to say SHE didn't have the weapon; that SHE isn't the aggressor? They wrote the ending of that scene with the guy rushing the cops, but it could just as easily have gone the other way. She could have attacked him, started it all, and he overpowered her...and that's where you are introduced to the situation.

Do you ASSUME that he's attacking her?

Or do you KNOW it?

Make that decision before you fire...because after you pull that trigger, it's too late. And whoever you put down will have family left, who'll be more than happy to go after your ass in court - so you better make damned sure you can prove that you're in the right.

Sometimes it’s just better to be a good witness then to possibly be the next victim.

I fight this when it comes to someone in distress I’m a defender at heart and I like to be able to help people whenever and wherever I can but there are just some circumstances that I have to remind myself you’d be a better witness then possibly the next victim.

The laws in my state ( Missouri) are pretty good. Stand your ground, Castle, Constitutional Carry. If I am reasonably certain someone is getting ready to be killed I would intervene if possible. I would not shoot someone to protect property unless they were in my house and armed. If they are in my house and unarmed I will cover them and if they move toward me or my family in a threatening manner i'll shoot.

Killing someone isn't as easy as it looks in the movies and it would always be my last resort, extenuating circumstances aside.

I it was just a fight I would yell to stop and keep my distance. If it was a man beat a woman I think I would try to stop it only using a gun as a last resort. If you are in my house and wasn't invited I will yell to stop and get down if they get to close I will stop them in what ever means it takes to protect me and my loved ones.

The laws in my state ( Missouri) are pretty good. Stand your ground, Castle, Constitutional Carry. If I am reasonably certain someone is getting ready to be killed I would intervene if possible. I would not shoot someone to protect property unless they were in my house and armed. If they are in my house and unarmed I will cover them and if they move toward me or my family in a threatening manner i'll shoot.

Killing someone isn't as easy as it looks in the movies and it would always be my last resort, extenuating circumstances aside.
Couldn’t word it better myself.

All very interesting scenarios. The bottom line is and it was mentioned in previous posts is to know the laws in your state.
I firmly believe we as good citizens that are legally armed have a responsibility to defend the innocent however as mentioned as we become involved we have to weigh in on who is the aggressor.
For me if someone enters my living space un-invited they will be warned and then met with deadly force if they present as doing physical harm to me or those I love and promise to protect.
Outside of my living space when I’m traveling or just going about my daily Chores I would first be aware of the laws in the area I’m in. If I am approached by someone who intends to do harm to me or my loved ones I would again start with a loud firm warning before again using deadly force. If the situation is they just want what I have then I would retreat.
Nothing is worth Killing someone over what can be replaced.
That being said nobody would take my weapon from me. They would have to take it from my cold dead hand.

Back