testtest

Should Gun Owners Have To Pay A “Sin Tax”?

Daniel Patrick Moynihan would be proud!!

Back in the 90's he wanted a IIRC about a 5000% tax on ammunition and reloading components.
As he stated quit spinning your wheels trying to outlaw them, there is nothing in the constitution that says they cannot be HIGHLY taxed...

" ............................ "

You don’t f*ck with revenue streams, and firearms bring in billions every year.
Boy, I don't know about that Hans ...... as much good as "Pittman-Robertson" has done over the years, it may be overlooked for the politics of 'gun control'. Far more politicians know about 'gun control' than they do P-R Act. And we've seen some pretty serious revenue streams go away in the past, like cigarettes/tobacco.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan would be proud!!

Back in the 90's he wanted a IIRC about a 5000% tax on ammunition and reloading components.
As he stated quit spinning your wheels trying to outlaw them, there is nothing in the constitution that says they cannot be HIGHLY taxed...
....Um, am thinking there is an argument there. ....other than sales tax, extra taxes like"Sin Taxes" are an infringement, a hindrance on 2A Rights.
(Edited.)

Last edited:
Here in the people's republic of Illinois, the county that Chicago is in, is Cook county. Otherwise known as Crook county. Right off the bat , firearms are taxed $25 flat rated before sales tax. Then, centerfire ammunition is taxed per round. I don't remember if its a nickel or dime. They claim that those funds are used to offset county hospitals losses incurred by "gun violence." The reality, they are trying to make a few bucks while the gun owners suffer the death of a thousand cuts.
Whatever the gov't doesn't want, they tax out of existence. Remember Freon, i mean the real stuff. R-12? First it was 10% tax, then 25% then ultimately ended at 400+% iirc, a pound of R12 was less than a dollar. 30 lb keg could be had for $25. Then the EPA determined it was causing holes in the O-zone. Which pushed a pound up to $9 ea, it still cost 30 cents to produce, the rest is tax.

Here in the people's republic of Illinois, the county that Chicago is in, is Cook county. Otherwise known as Crook county. Right off the bat , firearms are taxed $25 flat rated before sales tax. Then, centerfire ammunition is taxed per round. I don't remember if its a nickel or dime. They claim that those funds are used to offset county hospitals losses incurred by "gun violence." The reality, they are trying to make a few bucks while the gun owners suffer the death of a thousand cuts.
Whatever the gov't doesn't want, they tax out of existence. Remember Freon, i mean the real stuff. R-12? First it was 10% tax, then 25% then ultimately ended at 400+% iirc, a pound of R12 was less than a dollar. 30 lb keg could be had for $25. Then the EPA determined it was causing holes in the O-zone. Which pushed a pound up to $9 ea, it still cost 30 cents to produce, the rest is tax.
Someone should sue Cook county. That's clearly unconstitutional.

Someone should sue Cook county. That's clearly unconstitutional.
Back in the old days, under Governor Ryan, we had something of a sportsman tax. A small percentage in addition to sales tax. Hunting, fishing and anything related fell under this category. These funds were earmarked for conservation, wetlands, maintenance on public hunting lands etc. Most of us felt it fair. But then the taxes were all slushed into general funds because the state couldn't live within its means. God only knows where that money goes now.

Back in the old days, under Governor Ryan, we had something of a sportsman tax. A small percentage in addition to sales tax. Hunting, fishing and anything related fell under this category. These funds were earmarked for conservation, wetlands, maintenance on public hunting lands etc. Most of us felt it fair. But then the taxes were all slushed into general funds because the state couldn't live within its means. God only knows where that money goes now.

Missouri has had a similar tax, .008%, since 1976. We also have one of the best, if not THE best conservation department in the country. The politicians have tried but can't raid it. It was approved by voters and is codified against it going into the general fund.

Wow, yeah I would say someone should go after that. You should not have to pay a "sin tax" on a constitutional right!!!

7BC79163-2096-467B-B0A3-DF2571FD49E1.jpeg

Back