testtest

Should the Schools Be Seeking Nationwide Media Attention for Arming Teachers?

Over 300 school districts in Texas participate in the Guardian Program, which arms qualified teachers, but none of those Superintendents are rushing out to tell New York City newspapers about their decision. When asked, most of these school officials just say something like, "We are doing what we feel is in the best interest of our students and does the most to keep our students safe. We have no further comment." Am I being overly sensitive? Do you guys think Superintendents publicizing their participation in this program furthers the 2nd Amendment, or does it just serve as fodder for the Elites to label us as backwards Rednecks?
I posit that the rest of the country is not looking at TX as backwards Rednecks; just the opposite. I see this story as TX has the balls to try a novel approach to protect students if their school is involved in a school shooting event. I have read stories of other states proposing the very same thing and this may be just what is needed to get them off the fence or at the very least become a test bed for the practice.

Back