testtest

Should You Buy A Springfield Armory SA-35 Hi-Power Pistol?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

Here are five things you need to know before you buy a Springfield Armory SA-35 Hi-Power 9mm pistol!

5 Things to Know

Springfield-SA35-1-840.jpg

i probably won't be buying one, any time too soon. it's new, and there will be at some LGS's, either a full retail or just under retail pricings, like the new Emissary that i bought recently, which went for full retail, and that was when the LGS could even get just the 2 of the 5 that he ordered. i ain't gonna go thru that again, just to get the latest offerings.

i have had my eye on a Beretta 92 FS for a while in fact, more readily available now.

maybe sometime in the far distant future, i might get this hi-power, just not right now.

I've gotten too old to collect guns I'm not going to use anymore :( but if I wasn't I would be all over this gun.
Just the beavertail improvement alone makes this gun worth having. All the other changes and improvements basically eliminate all the objections anyone could have except for weight (and caliber for those of us that prefer .45s).

I’m a big fan of SA’s 1911s, as I know a lot of us are. If the P35 has the quality build of the 1911s it’s going to be a big hit. And with the MSRP I think they’ll hit it out of the park.
i don't doubt the build and quality will be there, from S/A, as i do have several S/A 1911's, as you mention many of us do.

in all honesty, i am trying to stop buying more 9MM's, in favor to buy more 1911's.

not only that, but the first round of deliveries will be spotty, and wait times can be long, making some that "gotta have it", go to online auction sites and pay way more than MSRP.

my only questions to those that buy one off an auction...??

"what if, you buy one with a problem (or 2), will that now sour your opinion of not only the gun, but the company as well...??"

how many times have we all read where someone buys a S/A firearm (handgun or rifle), have a problem, and come here and gripe about not only the product, but the company as well...??

best to wait out the rush to those long lines and over paying, for things to settle down.

Short answer: Yes!
i have had my eye on a Beretta 92 FS for a while in fact, more readily available now.
I too am a fan of the Beretta 92 too many models to choose from.

in all honesty, i am trying to stop buying more 9MM's, in favor to buy more 1911's.
Me too but, I would still buy this in a heartbeat.

've gotten too old to collect guns I'm not going to use anymore :(
I feel the same way, but some things still trip my trigger.

Last edited:
Right now the highest bid is $2,525.00 for one by someone who's lost their mind.

Seven are above $1K, with four starting out at above msrp with many days to go.

One just went for $1.5K in a buy it now.

Last edited:
Just hope @BET7 isn't one of the folks that are trying to pay 2-3+ MSRP on GB for one.
Nope but ordered one from LGS yesterday along with the SA XD-M 3.8” 10mm. By the time they get it in, it will be below MSRP. I still got several firearms on order with them, some from the beginning of this year, that still haven’t arrived.
I have no problem waiting, I just bought 3 from them yesterday (Sig Tread Snakebite, Mossberg 410 Shockwave, SA Hellcat RDP w/ Hex Wasp optic (plus Gear-Up promo on Hellcat purchase for 1 - 15 round free mag) and ordered a Henry Big Boy X in 44 Magnum that already shipped from GunZoneDeals.
I think the waiting for my new (and old) orders, will be beneficial on letting my CC’s cool down 😎😆😂🤣

Back