testtest

Should You Display Your Collectible Firearms?

I've talked about this before but I seem to have incredibly bad luck in this department.

I don't wear anything with a logo on it in public except my Cabela's hat and even then every so often some wants to ask me about Fishing.
20240509_143955.jpg

My wife bought this at a Goodwill a couple of years ago. It's a nice hoodie and it's warm but I can't wear it outside of my home without some random stranger trying to talk to me about Alaska or the beer on my shirt. I don't wear it out any more.

Second thing.

We've lived in this apartment for 11 years. We moved in on a Saturday morning. The first thing off the truck was our gunsafe and we got it upstairs without anybody seeing it.

I retired 3 years ago. The property manager and all but 2 of our neighbors who even knew I was a security guard or ever saw me in my uniform have transferred or moved out.

There's no reason for our neighbors to even suspect we own guns or have any interest in them

word of mouth perhaps..??

talking to neighbors, people walking on by listening, maybe seeing people walk out of the house with a gun/rifle bag..??

maybe watching the neighborhood for deliveries, walking up to that front porch and just reading the labels?

leaving USB charging cables visible on the front seat, GPS on the windshield...anything that there is something inside?

leaving doors unlocked?

or just dumb luck on the criminals side to find them..??
Criminals mostly are opportunists.
Unlocked cars, open garage doors, windows, etc etc..

We had some young punks just walk thru the hood pulling door handles late one night. If memory serves, about 2 dozen neighbors stated their cars were broken into on one night. Granted we have like 25 streets in my hood. Shows how careless folks are. Thieves were on prob 35 Ring cameras in the hood. Cops had plenty of pics to use to see who they were.

Hi,

Jesus the libs have made paranoid cowards out of a lot of good folks.

I suppose one could look at it that way.

Or...

One might not want to have a target on their back that could be used by those who want to abuse "red flag" laws in their area.

Or...

One might not want to intimidate their friends and neighbors, or make them feel uncomfortable.

Or...

One might not want to give the bad guys an excuse to single you out for intimidation, or let them know you can defend yourself if necessary.

Or...

One might not want to scream to the neighborhood, "Hey! I've got lots of guns and ammo you can steal while I'm away from home!"

And please don't use the Lord's name in vain. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

So it’s cowardly not to announce to the public at large there are valuable firearms in your house or car ? That might be the dumbest thing I’ve read today and I browsed MSN this morning. 😉
An antique hanging on the wall is not uncommon in the Midwest. Displaying a nickel-plated Colt Commander in a car on the other hand IS idiotic.

An antique hanging on the wall is not uncommon in the Midwest. Displaying a nickel-plated Colt Commander in a car on the other hand IS idiotic.
Sure. I’m not sure anyone here is actually talking about an old antique hanging on a wall but, potato potahto.

Me personally it doesn’t have anything to do with liberals. If I want to show someone a gun I show it to them. People I don’t know or have a vested interest in I would just as soon they don’t know anything about me.

I don’t show off my guitars and basses either. They’re tucked away in hard shell cases in a humidity controlled closet. With a locking doorknob.

Back