testtest

Should Your CCW Be Big, Small, or Neither?

I pocket carried a .380 for many years. As another posted said, I live in a rural area and don't go stupid places at stupid times with stupid people. But the crazies are out and about even in my community of under 100,000 people. So EDC now is a Hellcat Pro with an extra magazine.

For some people it takes a while before they find the right firearm and the comfortable way to carry it.

I was a die hard 1911 guy for most of my life until a motorcycle accident in 2015(and the 12 screws in my neck) made it painful to carry full size 1911s.

Nowadays, I feel well armed with either a Glock 19 Gen 5 or a S&W 638 Bodyguard J-Frame. I can carry either one of these firearms inside or outside the pants(lots of good holster choices available).

My favorite holsters are from Muddy River Tactical and Bravo Concealment. And I have recently become a fan of Kore belts. They're more comfortable than the leather gun belts I used to wear...:)

When I'm on my electric bicycle or on a walk, I prefer wearing a fanny back across my chest and will sometimes carry a Beretta APX. In that setup I top it off with a reflective vest to make me more visible on the road and cover up the fanny pack. If I'm on my electric bicycle I also wear a helmet that has lights in the front and back to compliment the lights on the electric bicycle. If I'm walking I carry a Jo(4 foot walking staff).

On walks or bicycle rides I also carry pepper spray for aggressive stray dogs I sometimes encounter.

For me a firearm is just one of the different tools(correct mental attitude, empty hand martial arts training, knife) that are part of my tool box for protecting myself and loved ones. I try to train one or more of those tools daily...:)

Back