testtest

Shout Out to SA Customer Service

Reading the post #12 with the print out of "Do's and Don't's" of the 1911, and reading of the recommendations for when to change out the recoil springs, I got to thinking about my Hellcat and whether or not the same or similar recommendations apply to it. I've have read the entire owner's manual, several times actually but don't remember ever seeing anything about this. Is it in the book, and if so what are the recommendations? Unfortunately I don't have ready access to my book for the next few weeks.

It's not likely I would even come close to any number of rounds requiring a replacement of the spring/s within the next year, but it would ease my feeble mind just knowing. :):oops:o_O Yep, I really did say 'feeble' !!! :ROFLMAO:
Am thinking others mentioned during one of the 10,000 round tests changing at 5000 rounds too?

Don’t want to start anything wide-open so pls consider my actual questions below (smile) but...
The 4th one down about loading: this is pretty much how i do it, but some seem to think you don’t use the slide release button; that u should use the overhand or slingshot to pull back the slide slightly and release... Anybody have any authoritative info on that?? (I’ve also used those methods on occasions..)
2nd ques: the remarks about not over lubricating. I agree with don’t over lubricate but I’m not so sure that the places mentioned are the only places to put that thin film of oil. BTW foreign matter isn’t much of an issue in my case. Is there any reason to not oil (minimally) other metal parts?

Don’t want to start anything wide-open so pls consider my actual questions below (smile) but...
The 4th one down about loading: this is pretty much how i do it, but some seem to think you don’t use the slide release button; that u should use the overhand or slingshot to pull back the slide slightly and release... Anybody have any authoritative info on that?? (I’ve also used those methods on occasions..)
2nd ques: the remarks about not over lubricating. I agree with don’t over lubricate but I’m not so sure that the places mentioned are the only places to put that thin film of oil. BTW foreign matter isn’t much of an issue in my case. Is there any reason to not oil (minimally) other metal parts?
Hope this helps:

Personally, I mostly use the slide stop to load the pistol after it’s locked open, some will say you grab the slide and manipulate it, but to me, I thinks it more of personal preference, but either way it works, as for lubrication, little goes a long way, but what I do on a new pistol to break it in, I will put more oil then needed for at least the first 100 rounds, then I clean the access off and lube normally.

Back