testtest

SIG Introduces the New MCX-SPEAR LT Series

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
I received this Email today from Sig. Looks like they're introducing the civilian version of the SPEAR platform. The video within describes how they took features of the original MCX and Virtus platforms incorporating them into the SPEAR-LT models, of which there are a few including one now chambered in 7.62x39.

Here's a link to the video only (duration 6:44)

I feel as if it's still just going to essentially a MCX, they were already selling the SPEAR on the civilian market for 8k.
Yes, but the 8K model was a 2 NFA item version (SBR and Suppressor). Even though some of these SPEAR-LTs are SBR models (requiring NFA stamp & paperwork), they are also offered in pistol format without any brace and the 5.56 and 7.62 have 16" barrel models as well, both of which (pistol & carbine), are not currently NFA items.

Yes, but the 8K model was a 2 NFA item version (SBR and Suppressor). Even though some of these SPEAR-LTs are SBR models (requiring NFA stamp & paperwork), they are also offered in pistol format without any brace and the 5.56 and 7.62 have 16" barrel models as well, both of which (pistol & carbine), are not currently NFA items.
Yes i know as it is the exact rifle being adopted. Minus being select fire. But It's still just an MCX that's going to be market as a civilian version of a "military" variant. And is going to have a price tag to reflect that

Yes i know as it is the exact rifle being adopted. Minus being select fire. But It's still just an MCX that's going to be market as a civilian version of a "military" variant. And is going to have a price tag to reflect that
Yup agreed, they will be costly. I own two MCX Rattlers, a MCX Rattler Canebreak, and a MCX Virtus, so I know the Spears will be priced similarly to them or more.

I'll be happy with my Hk Sp-5 that I made into an SBR. With the proper paperwork filed of course. It was a gift to myself after I suffered a mini stroke 2 years ago and I made it through with the only side effects being my memory of that days events are hazy.....
Sorry to hear about your stroke Wolfpack, but it sounds like you're on the mend (y). Nice get on the SP5. I got one also and some PTR clones as well. I have the HK SP5K on order now for over a year, but don't hold out much hope it's coming anytime soon. :(

They're out there brother. There's a couple on GB right now.
Yeah, I know. I have a few listed in "notify me when available" on a few online sites. I just received a notification from one a few days ago, wanting 4K for it. That's too much at this current time. I'm hoping for around the 3K mark, much like my full size SP5 was. In any case, I have other orders pending & need to pay off some CC bills from some of the more recent purchases, so it will have to wait. But thanks for thinking of me and checking GB for me Bob. Sincerely, it's appreciated.

Yeah, I know. I have a few listed in "notify me when available" on a few online sites. I just received a notification from one a few days ago, wanting 4K for it. That's too much at this current time. I'm hoping for around the 3K mark, much like my full size SP5 was. In any case, I have other orders pending & need to pay off some CC bills from some of the more recent purchases, so it will have to wait. But thanks for thinking of me and checking GB for me Bob. Sincerely, it's appreciated.
I thought I saw a couple of them on there for around $3200

Yup, saw those on Atlantic Firearms for under 3K a few weeks ago. I'm looking for:

Man, I'd love to have one of those. If I could set aside this shotgun thing for just a minute I could probably get me some of those cool toys you got. ;) I mean I have a shotgun or two around. I really have no great need for that M4 right this minute. Right? Could forego that a bit longer and find an SP5.

Back