testtest

Sig P365 380

N

nmedge

As much as I hate to say it I will be purchasing a P365 380 tomorrow. My back is so bad that I have to go down to 380 ACP for a while. I do have a Glock 42 but I like the capacity of the 365. I sure do hope that I have better luck with this one than the first one in 9mm when it first came out. Time will tell. I will say that when I told my LGS I wanted to hold the Sig he laughed but when I told him the gun was burning my hand he fell to the floor laughing. He knows i'm not a fan of the company.

As much as I hate to say it I will be purchasing a P365 380 tomorrow. My back is so bad that I have to go down to 380 ACP for a while. I do have a Glock 42 but I like the capacity of the 365. I sure do hope that I have better luck with this one than the first one in 9mm when it first came out. Time will tell. I will say that when I told my LGS I wanted to hold the Sig he laughed but when I told him the gun was burning my hand he fell to the floor laughing. He knows i'm not a fan of the company.
I carry a .380 quite a lot and never felt underarmed. Good luck with your new P365, if its anything like mine the trigger and accuracy will seriously impress you.

Hope you get feeling better. I had to drop down to lighter calibers because of arthritis a few years ago and it's not easy to do when you have a nice setup already. But, it's not the end of the world either, no matter what some detractors will decry.

Last edited:
When I had my bi-lateral groin hernia surgery couple years back, I couldn’t wear my jeans and had to wear sweats, so I couldn’t carry my regular CCW gun, I went and got a Ruger LCP and carried it in my sweats pocket, sometimes you got to do what you got to do, hope your back gets better, back trouble is no fun

When I replaced my hip a few years ago, I was carrying a S&W 351PD; when I likely do my other one this summer, it’ll be a 351C.
My hips were so bad my Dr looked at my xrays and asked How the EFf are you walking lol. I had them done back to back it took about 6 months altogether to get back to work.

How did they do yours from the side or front. Mine were from the side but I understand the new way in front is much faster recovery and better over all.

Good luck with your surgery.

My hips were so bad my Dr looked at my xrays and asked How the EFf are you walking lol. I had them done back to back it took about 6 months altogether to get back to work.

How did they do yours from the side or front. Mine were from the side but I understand the new way in front is much faster recovery and better over all.

Good luck with your surgery.
It was side; I was walking the same day, and was walking about a mile a day (total! Not all at once!) the day after I got home from the hospital.

I pretty much ditched my cane after about two weeks or so, and was back at work in six weeks.

It was side; I was walking the same day, and was walking about a mile a day (total! Not all at once!) the day after I got home from the hospital.

I pretty much ditched my cane after about two weeks or so, and was back at work in six weeks.
Well done. It took almost 6 months before they kept me go back to driving for my Cdl. Otherwise recovery fir each was very similar, was walking same day, and used cane for short time.

Last edited:
Not a bad little gun, I got one for my wife and she likes it better than the S&W Shield she had. It shoots decently, I just don't like how small it is in my hands. Smallest I've done as EDC is SIG M18, but normally up until I got the Prodigy it was 5" M&P with an RDS or SIG P226 SAO... But I've got to admit, I am hooked on the Prodigy now, big time!

I do see plenty of very fast, competent shooters in class who carry these P365-380 IWB, mostly appendix, with an RDS. The only annoying part is the .380 mags are hard to find, it should take 9mm mags theoretically, but I don't want to try that with people around at the range, just in case...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the deal was done. hopefully I will have good luck with it.
IMG_1935.jpeg

Well the deal was done. hopefully I will have good luck with it.View attachment 37728

When I picked up a P365X for the capacity, the slightly shorter barrel (than XL) and that it’s grip surface is a better fit for me w/o a pinky base than the standard P365 module…also nice to note that the .380 is even 2 oz. lighter (15 vs 17 oz.) than the 9mm versions. Something I’d consider too if ever the P365-380 comes out in a X/XL grip module.
I’d like to know your opinion on the recoil if you get a chance to do a comparison

I think you will like it. Mine is the XL, but I have shot the regular p365 and it's very similar in overall feel. I think the P365XL shoots about as well as any full sized pistol I have shot. It's very well designed, great trigger, and handling.

The only small pistol feel I truly find is during reloading, you need to get used to keeping your pinky out of the way.

When I picked up a P365X for the capacity, the slightly shorter barrel (than XL) and that it’s grip surface is a better fit for me w/o a pinky base than the standard P365 module…also nice to note that the .380 is even 2 oz. lighter (15 vs 17 oz.) than the 9mm versions. Something I’d consider too if ever the P365-380 comes out in a X/XL grip module.
I’d like to know your opinion on the recoil if you get a chance to do a comparison
Finally stopped raining and went to range. The 380 really is a sort shooter. Compared to 9mm 365 there is hardly any recoil in the 380 version. I fired 200 rounds with out any problems. If you are looking for a soft shooter--this is it!

The Sig P365-390 has a FCU (Fire Control Unit).
That is a modular unit that can quickly be removed (the serial number is on this piece) and make so many personal changes to it with Sig or after market items.
People who have the P365-380 love them as very accurate, feeds all types of ammo, optic ready, for those with weakened hands easy to pull the slide.

The Sig P365-390 has a FCU (Fire Control Unit).
That is a modular unit that can quickly be removed (the serial number is on this piece) and make so many personal changes to it with Sig or after market items.
People who have the P365-380 love them as very accurate, feeds all types of ammo, optic ready, for those with weakened hands easy to pull the slide.
Yep, check out Custom Works: https://www.sigsauer.com/configurator/p365
Easy to spend money, and it goes up very quickly, $1,200 in 5 clicks :LOL:

Screenshot 2023-03-22 072016.png

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the P365-380 but it's not for me, I just maintain it and zero in the RDS, etc. My wife likes it 10x better than the S&W Shield 9mm she had (this one was obnoxious to shoot) and that's what counts. She was eyeballing my P226 SAO Legion, so I need to distract her with an RDS :LOL: The Ultra Compact Bushnell RDS fits better than the Romeo in my opinion...

Yep, check out Custom Works: https://www.sigsauer.com/configurator/p365
Easy to spend money, and it goes up very quickly, $1,200 in 5 clicks :LOL:

View attachment 37893

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the P365-380 but it's not for me, I just maintain it and zero in the RDS, etc. My wife likes it 10x better than the S&W Shield 9mm she had (this one was obnoxious to shoot) and that's what counts. She was eyeballing my P226 SAO Legion, so I need to distract her with an RDS :LOL: The Ultra Compact Bushnell RDS fits better than the Romeo in my opinion...
LOL yes easy to get carried away and spend a fortune on them as well as other firearms.

The other part is once you have a Sig FCU, you can add any thing you want not only from Sig but many after markets as well.

LOL yes easy to get carried away and spend a fortune on them as well as other firearms.

The other part is once you have a Sig FCU, you can add any thing you want not only from Sig but many after markets as well.
Yes, of course since the S/N is on the FCU it's easy to make an entirely new gun from parts, this was very clever of SIG's. Once you step in the Custom Works world, , the sky is the limit cost wise... I see some very tricked out P320 out there, barely recognizable...

Not a huge fan of Wilson Combat or any of the 3rd party stuff, but that's just me. I'm a "keep it factory stock" kind of guy, although I wouldn't have minded a ported slide on the M18 :)

Yes, of course since the S/N is on the FCU it's easy to make an entirely new gun from parts, this was very clever of SIG's. Once you step in the Custom Works world, , the sky is the limit cost wise... I see some very tricked out P320 out there, barely recognizable...

Not a huge fan of Wilson Combat or any of the 3rd party stuff, but that's just me. I'm a "keep it factory stock" kind of guy, although I wouldn't have minded a ported slide on the M18 :)
Yes in deed, you can change so much with both Sig P-320 ( includes M17 & M18) and Sig P-365 to ones personal desires as they have a FCU.(that has the only serial number on the pistol) We all can thank the US military as they wanted to update their berretta 92 for a modular FCU in 9mm and afterward Sig got the contract, the market for P320 exploded just as the P365 is still exploding as we speak

Attachments

• P-320 R.jpg
    P-320 R.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 67
Yes in deed, you can change so much with both Sig P-320 ( includes M17 & M18) and Sig P-365 to ones personal desires as they have a FCU.(that has the only serial number on the pistol) We all can thank the US military as they wanted to update their berretta 92 for a modular FCU in 9mm and afterward Sig got the contract, the market for P320 exploded just as the P365 is still exploding as we speak
Actually no, the P320 existed before the M17/M18, and before the XM17 solicitation. This was one of the requirements of the XM17: be a derivative of an existing gun, not a new design. SIG had made that clever decision on their own, astute business acumen I'd say!

M18 is my favorite "compact" by far, never had any issue, from the very first shot. But now it's taking a back seat to the Prodigy.

Back