testtest

Sig Sauer New M400 Tread Snakebite SE 5.56

Just Got this in my e-mail . Sig's new SnakeBite . Looks pretty sweet . I Have the 1st Sig's M400 Tread and it's a nice gun , It shoots great and built very good . It's The only Sig I have left I won't give up because I like it that much . Can't wait to find the price on this and see one in person . I was a big Sig fan , After buyig the 1st Tread M400 , I had the Tread 5.56 Pistol on my list , then the Tread 716I - .308 AR-10 , But when I went to buy the tread M400 5.56 pistol I looked at the Springfield Saint 300 Black out . The Tread was $799.00 and the Saint was $849.00. After comparing the two the Springfield was built better and looked better and had better brace . I took the Saint victor home and that's all it wrote for me . Now I have Seven Springfield guns with Five Saint Victors . But I will check out Sig's new Tread SE to see if I like it ...
1628215795742.png

Yeah. I got the email also Bio. I’m looking eventually for a Tread 400 (maybe this one?). I recently got the Tread 716i 308, MCX Rattler in 300 BLK and MPX K (completes my collection as I also have the MPX Copperhead and PCC). But like you, I also bought the SA Saint Victor 300 BLK pistol, which is very well made. I’m knocking quite a few off my backlist to be sure.

Got to check one out a few days ago at my LGS who's a Tier 1 Sig dealer.

The rifle has a new/interesting strong-side internal bolt release that the guys didn't know how durable it would be. It works but who knows.

IMO it's got alot of bling on it, which is OK, but I prefer a KISS rifle.

Last edited:
Yeah. I got the email also Bio. I’m looking eventually for a Tread 400 (maybe this one?). I recently got the Tread 716i 308, MCX Rattler in 300 BLK and MPX K (completes my collection as I also have the MPX Copperhead and PCC). But like you, I also bought the SA Saint Victor 300 BLK pistol, which is very well made. I’m knocking quite a few off my backlist to be sure.
I was at a gun expo local set up by or LGS where all the repp's come and its a shoot day . they bring all the guns and you buy the ammo and have a blast . Any ways I just bought the Springfield Saint Victor in .308 . Love this gun . Somy wife and i was having lunch with the Sig rep. and I asked about the .308 maybe coming out in the tread And he said soon which it did . I was really happy . and at a gun show I saw the Sig Cross bolt rifle . So these two were on my list . But After getting hooked on the Springfield Saint line I lost interest in the Sig , I feel bad. I actually sold my Sig m400 patrol 5.56 , And My Sig P320 . But there is hope for me after seeing the new SnakeBite Tread 5.56 . I'm a sucker for
Cerakote finishes. Time will tell . I will say BET7 you do have a nice Sig Collection .

Got to check one out a few days ago at my LGS who's a Tier 1 Sig dealer.

The rifle has a new/interesting strong-side internal bolt release that the guys didn't know how durable it would be. It works but who knows.

IMO it's got alot of bling on it, which is OK, but I prefer a KISS rifle.
Interesting , Will investigate this .

I was at a gun expo local set up by or LGS where all the repp's come and its a shoot day . they bring all the guns and you buy the ammo and have a blast . Any ways I just bought the Springfield Saint Victor in .308 . Love this gun . Somy wife and i was having lunch with the Sig rep. and I asked about the .308 maybe coming out in the tread And he said soon which it did . I was really happy . and at a gun show I saw the Sig Cross bolt rifle . So these two were on my list . But After getting hooked on the Springfield Saint line I lost interest in the Sig , I feel bad. I actually sold my Sig m400 patrol 5.56 , And My Sig P320 . But there is hope for me after seeing the new SnakeBite Tread 5.56 . I'm a sucker for
Cerakote finishes. Time will tell . I will say BET7 you do have a nice Sig Collection .
Thanks Bio. I got several other Sigs (all calibers of P320, P365, P365xl, Xfive P320 Legion, and recently P226 Legion). But I also own several Springfield’s (M1A’s in 308 & 6.5cm, Saint Ar15 when it first came out, compact XDe, XDs & XD Mod2 all in 45s, TRP’s in 45 & 10mm and the now discontinued Range Officer in 45). So, I spread the wealth equally.

Saw that email pop up today. Love my M400 Tread and if I was in the market for another AR Rifle, i'd absolutely consider it. If I did buy another SIG rifle it would be the 716 to replace my Victor .308 (most know my issues with this gun). I will not consider another firearm from the Saint line ever again. Still love Springfield but im sour on that line. Maybe i'll sell the .308 if they ship me a new replacement and get an M1A instead, but i'm not exactly dying to give that money right back to them after this fiasco.

Now that I got sidetracked.... Yeah that cerakote is pretty sexy.

Thanks Bio. I got several other Sigs (all calibers of P320, P365, P365xl, Xfive P320 Legion, and recently P226 Legion). But I also own several Springfield’s (M1A’s in 308 & 6.5cm, Saint Ar15 when it first came out, compact XDe, XDs & XD Mod2 all in 45s, TRP’s in 45 & 10mm and the now discontinued Range Officer in 45). So, I spread the wealth equally.
I basically rotated my purchases. SIG, then a Springfield, SIG, then a Springfield. Broke the trend with that Mossberg, but that's a shotgun anyways So I don't count it. According to my pattern im due for a SIG, and i've been skulking around looking for an XFive Legion. H&K is on my list, the USP Tactical is reallllllyyyy nice. And my buddy just bought a Staccato 2011, so i'm gonna shoot that and see how it feels lol.

Nice Sig collection BET7, And I also play the field , I really like my Black Rain Ordnance 5.56 , I would like to add a couple more Black Rains to my collection . And After shooting the CZ 75 Tatical sport orange I was in love . My wife surprized me with a Birthday gift this year the new CZ TS2 Blue . 9mm this thing is a work of art and insanely smooth as silk , it shoots its self ..LOL

Saw that email pop up today. Love my M400 Tread and if I was in the market for another AR Rifle, i'd absolutely consider it. If I did buy another SIG rifle it would be the 716 to replace my Victor .308 (most know my issues with this gun). I will not consider another firearm from the Saint line ever again. Still love Springfield but im sour on that line. Maybe i'll sell the .308 if they ship me a new replacement and get an M1A instead, but i'm not exactly dying to give that money right back to them after this fiasco.

Now that I got sidetracked.... Yeah that cerakote is pretty sexy.
I feel your pain dduce22 on your Saint Victor .308 . I totally understand your point . I just feel bad that you got a bad one. Mine is built like a tank and and shoots perfect . Funny thing is that I wanted the Sig tread 716 I .308 and didn'tget one , now your thinking on it . It's a nice looking rifle LMK if you get one and how it shoots . I really like the Sig tread line very much also .

That pistol grip is hideous.
Actually your right Bassbob here's a pick of the new switch blade pistol , look at the grip , same as above in the pic. But when you go on Sig's web site it shows a different hand grip . Even the lower receiver looks different . Looks like a Pistol lower as the switch blade one. I hope to see one in person then I'll know if I like it or not...
1628311228749.png

1628311298415.png

1628311376794.png

Nice Sig collection BET7, And I also play the field , I really like my Black Rain Ordnance 5.56 , I would like to add a couple more Black Rains to my collection . And After shooting the CZ 75 Tatical sport orange I was in love . My wife surprized me with a Birthday gift this year the new CZ TS2 Blue . 9mm this thing is a work of art and insanely smooth as silk , it shoots its self ..LOL
Thanks Bio. I recently bought a Christensen Arms CA-15 G2 in Burnt Bronze, Stainless Steel Barrel w/ Carbon Fiber hand guard. Not as expensive as their Carbon Fiber wrapped Barrel model, but probably my most costly AR15 to date.
Speaking of CZ, about a year ago, I bought the CZ Shadow 2 Orange which is the model one down from their top Checkmate model. But just recently at my LGS, they told me CZ came or is coming out with a new model (not sure where it will fit on their model scale), but it won’t be sold in the U.S. (we guessed that at least not currently). I did recently picked up a CZ Bren 2 with a 14” barrel in 556 (currently they come in 556 & 762x39, I hope they make one in 300 BLK eventually). I put a folding adapter & SBA3 brace on it, but kind of wish I bought the 11” barrel model (they also make a 8“ model), that my LGS got in a week later, as well as the 8” model 🤦‍♂️. But it’s nice & I can’t complain (much:LOL:).

Hay Talyn, The 1st pic is of the new Switchblade 5.56 Pistol , Which is a real pic from the LGS. The 3rd pic is the new Snakebite M400 5.56 Rifle , But It's a stock photo . The 2nd pic is from the Sig website..
Here an article and Sig short video of the differences between the new SE version and prior Snakebite & Tread models.

Thanks Bio. I recently bought a Christensen Arms CA-15 G2 in Burnt Bronze, Stainless Steel Barrel w/ Carbon Fiber hand guard. Not as expensive as their Carbon Fiber wrapped Barrel model, but probably my most costly AR15 to date.
Speaking of CZ, about a year ago, I bought the CZ Shadow 2 Orange which is the model one down from their top Checkmate model. But just recently at my LGS, they told me CZ came or is coming out with a new model (not sure where it will fit on their model scale), but it won’t be sold in the U.S. (we guessed that at least not currently). I did recently picked up a CZ Bren 2 with a 14” barrel in 556 (currently they come in 556 & 762x39, I hope they make one in 300 BLK eventually). I put a folding adapter & SBA3 brace on it, but kind of wish I bought the 11” barrel model (they also make a 8“ model), that my LGS got in a week later, as well as the 8” model 🤦‍♂️. But it’s nice & I can’t complain (much:LOL:).
Your welcome BET7, I've looked at the Christensen Arms and pretty sweet , Also was dead set on getting a Danial defense DD4 after shooting it at the expo , but didn't . You got the CZ shadow 2 orange is it 9mm or 40 cal. At the gun expo my wife shoot the Orange in 40 cal and she made me shoot it which at the time I wasn't interested in doing , we had two tickets left for ammo so I got in line and lets say after shooting it and hitting metal 10 out 10 I was impressed , I have never shoot any thing as smooth as butter , the gun just was a work of metal and design . So after that day it was on my dream list . At that time the price on that gun was $1,800. a little more then I've ever spent on a gun .So I called it a holy grail gun , which I had many other guns in front of that one . So move along . So me and the wife was going to the local gun shop so I could buy my Springfield Hellcat RDP , While I was doing my paper work the wife was looking around and was checking out some hand guns she was looking at the CZ's They had the Shadow 2 orange in 9mm $1,900 . and the had the CZ Parrot checkmate 9mm $3,299. then they had the new CZ 75 Tactical Sport 2 Blue in $1,699 . My wife said I'm going to buy me a new gun which one do you think the Blue or Orange . I said you really loved shooting the orange . So had to go home and think about it , while driving she asked which one I liked , i like them all but of course . I really liked the Blue TS2 ,so in the end she was getting one for me for a surprise for my birthday . And in the end after a couple of weeks go by she said to my are you happy with your choice I said of course , why I said . She said because I would of got you the TS orange one or even the CZ Parrot checkmate ... I'm like seriously I could of got the checkmate . LOL , Crazy as it seems It's still on my bucket list ... Sorry for long story ....Your CZ Bren are pretty cool looking guns , I got the CZ Evo3 in OD green with SB 3 tactical folding brace on it . I love my Evo ..

Last edited:
Your welcome BET7, I've looked at the Christensen Arms and pretty sweet , Also was dead set on getting a Danial defense DD4 after shooting it at the expo , but didn't . You got the CZ shadow 2 orange is it 9mm or 40 cal. At the gun expo my wife shoot the Orange in 40 cal and she made me shoot it which at the time I wasn't interested in doing , we had two tickets left for ammo so I got in line and lets say after shooting it and hitting metal 10 out 10 I was impressed , I have never shoot any thing as smooth as butter , the gun just was a work of metal and design . So after that day it was on my dream list . At that time the price on that gun was $1,800. a little more then I've ever spent on a gun .So I called it a holy grail gun , which I had many other guns in front of that one . So move along . So me and the wife was going to the local gun shop so I could buy my Springfield Hellcat RDP , While I was doing my paper work the wife was looking around and was checking out some hand guns she was looking at the CZ's They had the Shadow 2 orange in 9mm $1,900 . and the had the CZ Parrot checkmate 9mm $3,299. then they had the new CZ 75 Tactical Sport 2 Blue in $1,699 . My wife said I'm going to buy me a new gun which one do you think the Blue or Orange . I said you really loved shooting the orange . So had to go home and think about it , while driving she asked which one I liked , i like them all but of course . I really liked the Blue TS2 ,so in the end she was getting one for me for a surprise for my birthday . And in the end after a couple of weeks go by she said to my are you happy with your choice I said of course , why I said . She said because I would of got you the TS orange one or even the CZ Parrot checkmate ... I'm like seriously I could of got the checkmate . LOL , Crazy as it seems It's still on my bucket list ... Sorry for long story ....Your CZ Bren are pretty cool looking guns , I got the CZ Evo3 in OD green with SB 3 tactical folding brace on it . I love my Evo ..
BIO, My Orange is in 9mm and to my surprise my Beretta 92X Performance 9mm, is comparable to it and was a bit cheaper. I too have the Scorpions but I’m missing the carbine in that collection. For the 7”+ barrel model I also have the SB Tactical folding brace and my Scorpion Micro w/ 4” barrel has the CZ PDW brace on it. Sounds like your and my taste in firearms is very similar 😉

Pictures of: CZ Shadow 2 Orange, Beretta 92X Performance, and both Scorpions.

54ADE8BB-7759-431F-8538-FC311FDCB845.jpeg
F5BEF350-B9EF-425D-8D8D-745C1A8C13BC.jpeg
1C7BC3C7-E6C7-477A-87CE-BEA7DFA8C037.jpeg

Back