testtest

Sights

BC$%

Alpha
What sights do you like on your EDC.
I like the Ameriglow I dot pros. They are similar to a hackathon sight except it has a trinium insert at the bottom of the rear sight chanel.

Attachments

• 20211124_212330.jpg
    20211124_212330.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 121
  • 20211124_212412.jpg
    20211124_212412.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
I'm a thin front post in huge rear notch kind of guy.....

For me, the wide rear notch allows a good "float" on the front to give reasonable sight picture between the 5 to 15 yard line, and the thin front allows for a more precise sight package between that and the 50. Once I push out beyond 50, I find that I do have to spend a bit more effort in refining the sight package, as there's a lot of light on either side of the blade, in this pairing.

I prefer a fiber-optic highlight on the front and a plain, square rear. For me, shooting this very simplified set of sight bodies is easier to process.

A robust rear for cycling off of improvised surfaces is also a personal preference of mine.

Dawson front: .100 wide x .205 tall 021-019 fiber-optic, paired with a .125 notch, serrated, DP Charger fixed rear 018178.

What are people's thoughts on the Magpul MBUS Pro sights?

I was thinking of getting the Gen 3 but they apparently no in stock yet or sold out so I settled for the Pro.

I have Ashley Express 24/7 Big Dot Express sights on my Sig P239. They're really good for fast combat accuracy on human sized targets, but not too great if you want pinpoint accuracy.

I may as well offer my two cents regarding night sights. Bottom line is I don't think they are worth the money. Not saying they are bad to have, or that they don't do what they say. They glow in the dark. But in my experience carrying them on duty guns for over 20 years, working late shifts in remote areas by myself, I never made any use of them.

You can really only see the glow well if you are in nearly complete darkness AND your eyes are adjusted to the dark. But then you can't really see your target. (Think Clarice Starling in Buffalo Bill's basement). So you'll use a flashlight, or weapon mounted light, which will then obviate the need for night sights. The light will constrict your pupils and you won't make much of the glow, and will just use the sight silhouette.

I find I am rarely in complete darkness. There is almost always some ambient light, from street lights, parking lot lights, store lights, etc. wherever you may have a need for a defensive firearm. I leave a living room light on at night, and light comes in through the windows from the back porch, etc. In those circumstances, it's very unlikely that you will need, or even perceive, the glow of your night sights.

So, if you ask me (which you didn't), I would spend the money on something else, rather than night sights.

What sights do you like on your EDC.
I like the Ameriglow I dot pros. They are similar to a hackathon sight except it has a trinium insert at the bottom of the rear sight chanel.
I have Ameriglow I dot sights (orange front sight) on my S&W Shield Plus which stays in my car. Like them a lot.

The factory sights on my P365XL and Hellcat didn’t need changing, especially with the HS507K red dot as the primary sight.

So, if you ask me (which you didn't), I would spend the money on something else, rather than night sights.

The problem for some of us, myself included, is our vision isn’t the same now. I have a Glock and other handguns with vanilla 3 dot metal (or plastic…thanks Glock) sights but those are for the range. Can’t see them well enough even during the day without glasses.

Need the orange or green front sight contrast for anything I might have to use in real life under stress.

^ In addition to disease (including the simple fact of changes brought on by age), it's also worth remembering that we all each "see" just a bit differently from one another. Add in our unique personal preferences, the permutations and the "whys" become nearly endless.

To-wit - if one set of sights really worked that well, wouldn't nearly all shooters gravitate towards them? Yet what do we see on the market: so many of the big names of the industry/sport put their signatures on some rather unique setups. ;)

Back