testtest

Signess? How About Sig Fever?

SimonRL

Hellcat
IMG_6909.jpeg
IMG_6912.jpeg
I picked up Sig Custom Works 226 X5 this week after debating for some time. When I ordered the gun I knew I would be putting a red dot - a Romeo 1 Pro - on it so I also ordered an elevated rear sight with suppressor height sights. The X5 has a 5 inch barrel, a gas pedal take down lever, extended mag release, magwell, black G10 grips with the texture of a cheese grater, a 3 way adjustable trigger. It comes with three 20rd mags and weighs a whopping 46 ounces. The trigger can be adjusted for a 2.5 - 4 lb pull. Mine came at 2.5. I finally got to the range today and the long and short is the 226 X5 is an exceptional pistol. The trigger is butter smooth with a minimal amount of take up and a crisp release - and at 2.5 lbs it feels like you will it to fire. The gun is nearly 3 lbs and heavy but not noticeably so until you realize the there is almost no recoil. The extremely aggressively textured grip and the gas pedal are a fantastic combination, but the gas pedal felt like I was reaching for it. It’s something that I’m not familiar with using and took a little getting used to. About 25 rounds in though I realized that the gun felt like I’ve been shooting it for years. I ran 50 rds of 124gr Blazer brass at 10 and 15 yds and 50 rds of Winchester 124gr NATO at 25 yds - which is where the gun was really in its element. It’s weight makes it hard to keep a red dot steady at that distance but once your breathing and timing comes in the gun does most of the heavy lifting. I had drifted away from my Sigs for a while breaking out my 226 Legion on special occasions, but with the 226 X5 in hand I feel the Sig Fever boiling again and I am looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.
IMG_6918.jpeg

Top 15 yds/center 10yds/bottom 25 yds. You can see that once I got dialed in at 25 yds it was pretty easy to put rounds on top of each other. I’m looking forward to taking this out to 100yds.
IMG_6920.jpeg

I tried a Sig once…apparently it was the wrong Sig! That is one sweet pistol you have there @SimonRL , and some very fine shooting. Your description of the mechanics had me feeling the trigger press, and the recoil (or lack of one😊).
Congrats on your new addition and I look forward to hearing more about your Sig adventures.

View attachment 55054View attachment 55055I picked up Sig Custom Works 226 X5 this week after debating for some time. When I ordered the gun I knew I would be putting a red dot - a Romeo 1 Pro - on it so I also ordered an elevated rear sight with suppressor height sights. The X5 has a 5 inch barrel, a gas pedal take down lever, extended mag release, magwell, black G10 grips with the texture of a cheese grater, a 3 way adjustable trigger. It comes with three 20rd mags and weighs a whopping 46 ounces. The trigger can be adjusted for a 2.5 - 4 lb pull. Mine came at 2.5. I finally got to the range today and the long and short is the 226 X5 is an exceptional pistol. The trigger is butter smooth with a minimal amount of take up and a crisp release - and at 2.5 lbs it feels like you will it to fire. The gun is nearly 3 lbs and heavy but not noticeably so until you realize the there is almost no recoil. The extremely aggressively textured grip and the gas pedal are a fantastic combination, but the gas pedal felt like I was reaching for it. It’s something that I’m not familiar with using and took a little getting used to. About 25 rounds in though I realized that the gun felt like I’ve been shooting it for years. I ran 50 rds of 124gr Blazer brass at 10 and 15 yds and 50 rds of Winchester 124gr NATO at 25 yds - which is where the gun was really in its element. It’s weight makes it hard to keep a red dot steady at that distance but once your breathing and timing comes in the gun does most of the heavy lifting. I had drifted away from my Sigs for a while breaking out my 226 Legion on special occasions, but with the 226 X5 in hand I feel the Sig Fever boiling again and I am looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.
View attachment 55056

Top 15 yds/center 10yds/bottom 25 yds. You can see that once I got dialed in at 25 yds it was pretty easy to put rounds on top of each other. I’m looking forward to taking this out to 100yds.
View attachment 55057
Congrats Simon and great shooting. I recently bought the P226 XFive Legion, question: why did you go with the Custom Shop model Vs. the Legion model? I'm not familiar with all the features of the CS model, I believe it doesn't have the Comp slide like the legion does?

Its a sweet ride…. Mine should be in the mail sometime soon😉🤔
Which model are you getting KF (Custom Shop or Legion)? You're really going all out after getting that Canik Rival :sneaky:. BTW, your Canik TP9 Elite Combat you sent me as a loan, shot great and is on its way back to your vast Canik collection. Thanks again ;). Oh, maybe I shouldn't have let that slip posting in the general forum 🫢🤫 oh well 😬

IMG_1991.jpeg

Congrats Simon and great shooting. I recently bought the P226 XFive Legion, question: why did you go with the Custom Shop model Vs. the Legion model? I'm not familiar with all the features of the CS model, I believe it doesn't have the Comp slide like the legion does?
Thanks Bet. I love the Legion, in particular the grips, but I also really like some bling and the stainless 226 with a 5in barrel hits the nail on the head. I’d been looking at one of these since they came out but I kept thinking if I’m going to spend that kind of money I’m going to get an HK SP5. And then @KillerFord1977 and I were looking at a pair of X5s at our bougie range and KF mentioned he wanted to get the Legion. I started looking online to help him spend his money and I started thinking it would be cool if we both got one, but I didn’t want to steal KF’s thunder and buy the Legion so I went for the one in the Elvis jumpsuit and I’m extremely glad I did.

If people thought we were insufferable before, they ain’t seen nothing! I apologize in advance.

Which model are you getting KF (Custom Shop or Legion)? You're really going all out after getting that Canik Rival :sneaky:. BTW, your Canik TP9 Elite Combat you sent me as a loan, shot great and is on its way back to your vast Canik collection. Thanks again ;). Oh, maybe I shouldn't have let that slip posting in the general forum 🫢🤫 oh well 😬

View attachment 55168
You win the Internet!!!

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Thanks Bet. I love the Legion, in particular the grips, but I also really like some bling and the stainless 226 with a 5in barrel hits the nail on the head. I’d been looking at one of these since they came out but I kept thinking if I’m going to spend that kind of money I’m going to get an HK SP5. And then @KillerFord1977 and I were looking at a pair of X5s at our bougie range and KF mentioned he wanted to get the Legion. I started looking online to help him spend his money and I started thinking it would be cool if we both got one, but I didn’t want to steal KF’s thunder and buy the Legion so I went for the one in the Elvis jumpsuit and I’m extremely glad I did.

If people thought we were insufferable before, they ain’t seen nothing! I apologize in advance.
No apologize necessary Simon. Mine was a dream to shoot, but I'm no where as good as you and KF are (as well as others on here). But I was able to sit the side of the barn once, so that ought to count for something :)

Back