testtest

Simple Tricks to Improve Your Handgun Accuracy

The trick is to find instructors and friends who are as competent as hell to show you where your mis steps are.
I always learn.
Somedays I can shoot a gnats behind. Somedays the barn eludes me.

Repetition and practice.
Practice with someone who can spot the mis steps.
If you keep doing the same incorrect formula, no matter how many times you do it, the formula wont change.

Challenge yourself. Be open to learn and be open to change.

I’ve been fortunate to take great classes with instructors and have great friends to always nudge one in the right direction

The trick is to find instructors and friends who are as competent as hell to show you where your mis steps are.
I always learn.
Somedays I can shoot a gnats behind. Somedays the barn eludes me.

Repetition and practice.
Practice with someone who can spot the mis steps.
If you keep doing the same incorrect formula, no matter how many times you do it, the formula wont change.

Challenge yourself. Be open to learn and be open to change.

I’ve been fortunate to take great classes with instructors and have great friends to always nudge one in the right direction
Well said there killer, I know from past experiences, if you don’t use it, you loose it, I know when I was still working and went out with some of the deputies and saw how they qualified, I said have you guys ever practice? Reply was usually no, wow, like I said, if you don’t use it…….you loose it

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Simple Tricks to Improve Your Handgun Accuracy” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/tricks-to-improve-handgun-accuracy/.

Left out one important step:

Get the proper firearm !!

The best of the best may not be a proper fit, nor could the budget buy.

Some folks get stuck on a gun, and that gun is not a proper fit and no matter what they do, perfection eludes them .
I see it all the time.

If you struggle to do well, maybe be open to another firearm.

The full size or subcompact may be the reason your pistol session looks like a shotgun went off

I have taught many people how to shoot over the years now but I always seem to learn something new almost every time I teach classes or fellow Officers. I'm not a know it all instructor and I know first hand if ya don't practice yourself ya lose the skills. Very well said KillerFord and Anni.

Ok, now don’t get me wrong, I was never in law enforcement, I ran the maintenance dept when I worked, but had many friends within the dept, and the chief always let me go out and shoot and train most of the time while I was there, that’s where I picked up my training at. I don’t want to give the wrong ideal I was a officer, I was just good friends with the chief and the sheriff then and they knew I was into firearms and wanted training. And by the way, I did have to attend jail school since I would have contact with inmates.

Last edited:
Left out one important step:

Get the proper firearm !!

The best of the best may not be a proper fit, nor could the budget buy.

Some folks get stuck on a gun, and that gun is not a proper fit and no matter what they do, perfection eludes them .
I see it all the time.

If you struggle to do well, maybe be open to another firearm.

The full size or subcompact may be the reason your pistol session looks like a shotgun went off
I could not agree more. We all know how important the fundamentals are, but the right gun can make everything so much easier, while conversely, another gun can completely derail you. I am obsessive at trying to master a given handgun and it’s taken me awhile to realize that for whatever reason some guns are simple not my cup of tea. And it’s doesn’t take me 300, 500 or a 1000 rounds to know. With the guns that I’ve hooked up with it happens almost instantly, there’s a connection. With others I know almost equally quickly that we’re not going to develop a relationship. But like everything, it’s about the journey and the relationships you make along the way.

I could not agree more. We all know how important the fundamentals are, but the right gun can make everything so much easier, while conversely, another gun can completely derail you. I am obsessive at trying to master a given handgun and it’s taken me awhile to realize that for whatever reason some guns are simple not my cup of tea. And it’s doesn’t take me 300, 500 or a 1000 rounds to know. With the guns that I’ve hooked up with it happens almost instantly, there’s a connection. With others I know almost equally quickly that we’re not going to develop a relationship. But like everything, it’s about the journey and the relationships you make along the way.
Great words. I guess that this understanding come only with experience and a lot of tryings of dealing with different kinds og guns. Then you just know what do you need and can make a choice easier

Some of us appreciate your prudence in this regard.

I just received notice from Da Man that my slide, (your ex slide) is now on it's way back to me. :cool:

Back