testtest

Singer “Meatloaf” Dies

It is sad, it's a sad waste of a life or lives. If one cannot be sad for such things, not sure what one can be sad about.
I could be sad for some of the guys of the 7th, even though they were all intent on killing my ancestors to steal their land, but I don't think Custer getting what he had coming is sad in the least. I'm not sad about Hitler dying either. Not that I am comparing Mr. Loaf with either of these men, it was just an analogy.

My best friend joined the Navy to avoid going to jail for getting caught selling coke several times. About 5 years later he winds up stationed at Scott AFB and we start hanging out, playing guitar, drinking beer and stuff like that. The night before I married my wife we went to see Jerry Cantrell. My friend left before Cantrell came out, said he would be back and never returned. I didn't think a whole lot about it. The next day we got married and flew to Amsterdam. A couple weeks after we returned from our honeymoon I get a call from my dad telling me that Bob ( my friend) was shot to death in East St. Louis by 3 teenage black kids while trying to buy crack. Turns out Bob was actually trying to rip them off. Was I sad ? Devastated man. I loved Bob like my brother. I was more angry than anything though. It was just drunken stupidity for him to go back to using and try to rip off crack dealers in E. St. Louis because buying it with his own money would leave him having to answer questions to his new wife, who had no idea he ever used drugs. He left behind a beautiful wife, a son from a previous relationship, 2 step sons, a broken hearted mother and a lot of friends who loved him, all so he could smoke some rock. Just F'ing stupid.

E3602CCA-E474-441D-A560-6E874E82BF09.jpeg

By the way, in 2009 I lost my baby niece to a heroin overdose and in 2017 I lost my little brother to a Fentanyl overdose. And 2 nights ago my wife had to perform CPR on her best friend's moron husband who OD'ed on Fentanyl and was actually dead until paramedics arrived and Narcaned his stupid ass. So I am not unfamiliar with the concept of sadness and stupidity. Also in 2017 my daughter gave birth to my granddaughter prematurely and 36 hours later I was planning a funeral and comforting my devastated kid. Also in 2017 my house flooded and I lost 90% of my worldy possessions. Also in 2017 my best friend was covering for me at work while I attended to my brother's funeral and him and my laborer were shot to death on my job by some piece of trash in North St. Louis. So I am also not unfamiliar with the concept of sadness and grief through no fault of your own.

Maybe I am de-sensitized and lack compassion , but I just have a hard time feeling too sorry for people who have bad things happen to them because of their own stupidity.

By the way, in 2009 I lost my baby niece to a heroin overdose and in 2017 I lost my little brother to a Fentanyl overdose. And 2 nights ago my wife had to perform CPR on her best friend's moron husband who OD'ed on Fentanyl and was actually dead until paramedics arrived and Narcaned his stupid ass. So I am not unfamiliar with the concept of sadness and stupidity. Also in 2017 my daughter gave birth to my granddaughter prematurely and 36 hours later I was planning a funeral and comforting my devastated kid. Also in 2017 my house flooded and I lost 90% of my worldy possessions. Also in 2017 my best friend was covering for me at work while I attended to my brother's funeral and him and my laborer were shot to death on my job by some piece of trash in North St. Louis. So I am also not unfamiliar with the concept of sadness and grief through no fault of your own.

Maybe I am de-sensitized and lack compassion , but I just have a hard time feeling too sorry for people who have bad things happen to them because of their own stupidity.
Everyone going through daily life makes there own choices in how they want to live there life and unfortunately some of those lead to tragic results.

Back