testtest

Single Action Army

mikegc

Elite
Years ago, prior to going to Vietnam, I had a Colt SAA in .45 Colt and it's little brother in .22. Foolishly, when I got home, I traded them for a Colt 1911 Government model and a Hi-Power. Do I still have them . . . . heck no. (Never said I was smart.) Well, now that I'm retired, I've "scratched that Colt itch" and own several of Sam's best. I have two early Colt Gen 2 SAAs that are NIB and a very nice Gen 2 (5½") that I shoot regularly. Well, I was wanting a 7½" Colt so I called them Monday to inquire when they were going to start making them, again. "Maybe sometime this summer," was the answer I got. So, I asked three serious Colt collectors their opinion of Standard Manufacturing's SAAs and their response was very positive. I called Standard Mfg. last Friday and got it today:

Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

The blueing is very deep and it didn't hurt that the nitre-blued screws were all clocked. The cylinder pin and release are nitre-blued, too, along with the trigger and ejector. I really like the one-piece grips. I look forward to getting this .45 to the range.

Mike

Back