testtest

SIX REASONS TO OWN A REVOLVER

Nice little article on 6 reasons to own a revolver, for me, there what I started out with many moons ago, plus I think there awsome.

Reason # 7: It's much easier for us old guys to collect the brass when we're at the range.

at least 1 reason why i like revolvers...

6. Revolvers are just classy.

to me, there just is something sleek and sexy about a revolver over a "plastic" gun.

even all my 1911's, the classic look about them.

"plastic" looks, styling, and function, will always have its place in my collection, but for the beauty of a revolver, (or 1911) i can't get past seeing the smile on my face, as i hold one up.

i very rarely smile while i hold up any of my "plastic" guns, unless i am gassy and need to let one rip.

I love wheel guns. Always did and still love the sound of a cowboy spinning the cylinder of his single action. The first wheel gun I learned to shoot was a four inch Colt Diamondback in 38 special. I still have it. And the first wheel gun I purchased was a six inch factory tuned Colt Python. One of the most beautiful pieces of machinery on the planet. So for me growing up there were several must have firearms. A Colt Python, A Colt 1911 and a Browning Hi Power. These were supposed to best some of the best of the best and I still believe so. Everyone has their favorites and these are some of mine. And wheel guns will forever hold a special place in my heart and collection.

One problem I've encountered is that .38 Spec name brand ammo has been slow to make a comeback on the shelves at the LGS. Especially at an affordable price. Even many of the online sellers are out of stock on what used to be fairly common, everyday ammo.
I was surprised to see that even .38 wad-cutters were priced like FMJ’s @ 80¢ Rnd.…not much difference for .357 magnums. Penny pinching for .38’s, who woulda’ thunk.

I didn't become interested in revolvers until I had been shooting semi-autos for a decade. I have grown to appreciate the craftsmanship involved in building a quality revolver. I don't normally EDC my revolvers, but I will thrown an Airweight J-Frame in a cargo pocket whenever I'm going for a run/walk/bike ride in the neighborhood. I'm not too worried about a self-defense situation when I am working out, but we live near a lot of undeveloped acreage and all sorts of wildlife is common. A revolver is sufficient for either situation.

One problem I've encountered is that .38 Spec name brand ammo has been slow to make a comeback on the shelves at the LGS. Especially at an affordable price. Even many of the online sellers are out of stock on what used to be fairly common, everyday ammo.
actually here, 38 special is in abundance. now mind you, i never had to buy it before the pandemic, only afterwards, so i don't know how much "cheaper" it was.

i think i paid (a few months ago) about $40 for a box of 50.

Colt 45 lc, is still at nearly $50 a box, and i needed them for my Vaquero, so i "bit the bullet" and paid it.

but at least now, i have lead 200 grain semi wad cutter bullets, powder, primers and casings for reloads.

at least 1 reason why i like revolvers...

6. Revolvers are just classy.

to me, there just is something sleek and sexy about a revolver over a "plastic" gun.

even all my 1911's, the classic look about them.

"plastic" looks, styling, and function, will always have its place in my collection, but for the beauty of a revolver, (or 1911) i can't get past seeing the smile on my face, as i hold one up.

i very rarely smile while i hold up any of my "plastic" guns, unless i am gassy and need to let one rip.
I have a Glock. It's a tool and nothing more (to me) but I also have a 1911 and a SAA revolver clone and I LOVE those guns. The 1911 is my primary carry gun

Looking over……..😬😬😬😬
Screenshot_20220725-165028_Photos.jpg

Taurus Raging Hunter in .44 mag

Last edited by a moderator:
Back