testtest

Slide Assist Rack Ring for Springfield XDS 45 acp 4.0

kenpomaniac1958

Master Class
I recently acquired a Springfield Armory XDS 45 acp with a 4 inch barrel. The slide was not easy to rack when I bought it. I cleaned it and lubricated it and the slide is much easier to rack than it was at the pawn shop where I bought it.

I'm 65 years young. I'm able to rack the slide on most semi-autos without much effort but I'm not getting any younger.

I saw a Slide Assist ring on the Clip Draw website ($19.99) and decided to order one. It was pretty easy to install. A few months ago I installed a Slide Rack Ring for my Glock 19 Gen 5 that I found on Amazon for $12 plus tax and shipping. I also bought a Glock Armorer's tool that made installing the ring on the Glock and XDS easier than using regular tools.

The slide ring for the XDS is made out of a leather type material and is as easy to use as the metal ring I have on the Glock. (The holster is from Muddy River Tactical. I got the holster for a Beretta APX that I no longer have. It actually fits the XDS 45 acp better than it did the APX...:))

I actually prefer carrying the XDS over the Glock 19, even though it holds less than half the ammunition capacity than the Glock 19. I'm a former Marine who still prefers to carry 45 acp or 40 S&W rather than 9 mm. I like the XDS so much I ordered some extra magazines from Gun Mag Warehouse that should arrive in the next few days.

SA_XDS_SlideRing123023.jpg
SA_XDS_SlideRingInHolster.jpg

I recently acquired a Springfield Armory XDS 45 acp with a 4 inch barrel. The slide was not easy to rack when I bought it. I cleaned it and lubricated it and the slide is much easier to rack than it was at the pawn shop where I bought it.

I'm 65 years young. I'm able to rack the slide on most semi-autos without much effort but I'm not getting any younger.

I saw a Slide Assist ring on the Clip Draw website ($19.99) and decided to order one. It was pretty easy to install. A few months ago I installed a Slide Rack Ring for my Glock 19 Gen 5 that I found on Amazon for $12 plus tax and shipping. I also bought a Glock Armorer's tool that made installing the ring on the Glock and XDS easier than using regular tools.

The slide ring for the XDS is made out of a leather type material and is as easy to use as the metal ring I have on the Glock. (The holster is from Muddy River Tactical. I got the holster for a Beretta APX that I no longer have. It actually fits the XDS 45 acp better than it did the APX...:))

I actually prefer carrying the XDS over the Glock 19, even though it holds less than half the ammunition capacity than the Glock 19. I'm a former Marine who still prefers to carry 45 acp or 40 S&W rather than 9 mm. I like the XDS so much I ordered some extra magazines from Gun Mag Warehouse that should arrive in the next few days.

View attachment 49719View attachment 49720
I'm really surprised the holster fits both those guns. That's great. I'm really happy with all my MRT holsters. Glad the slide ring is working out for you. :)

the first time i saw that ring, was on the Glock Store's website.

i don't recall it being "flexible", but a solid piece.

good to see it's available for other guns.
There is a ring for Glocks they sell on Amazon that is around $12 which is much cheaper than on the Glock website. I liked the ring for the Glock so much I ordered 2 of them and gave one to one of friends who also owns a Glock 19...:) The ring for the Glock is aluminum colored but that's not a big deal to me. I could easily paint it black to match the Glock if I wanted.

The ring for the XDS from Clip Draw is not 1 piece like the metal ring for the Glock. On the XDS you have to install the cover plate then install the ring. Clip draw provides the Allen wrench for the screws for the ring.

I'm pleased the ring is beneficial. A fellow shooter installed something similar on a Glock, and wound up having difficulty as he began to "ride the slide." When I lose sufficient hand/forearm strength, it'll be time to arm one hundred % with wheel guns.
Yes sir. I own a S&W 638 that's great for pocket carry or hip carry. I also have a Ruger New Model Vaquero that I'll use for home protection that's too heavy for concealed carry.

I like how several gun manufacturers are making semi-autos that have slides that are easier to rack than regular models. I tried a S&W EZ in 9 mm but I didn't like the grip safety on it. I like the grip safety on the Springfield XDS much better.

I'm really surprised the holster fits both those guns. That's great. I'm really happy with all my MRT holsters. Glad the slide ring is working out for you. :)
Might be something SA does right. With Glock slides on large frame semi's (10mm and 45cal, except g41) being wider won't fit into a slimer slide holster. Having xdm's of 10mm and 40s&w (5.25" models) both fit the 40s&w holster from (that came with) the xdm. My g41 does fit the 17, 22 and 31 models holster though. I'm glad there are products out the that benefit those who need the help!

Back