testtest

Smart guns are dumb..

There's more than one reason why this isn't feasible. First of all, the technology doesn't really exist. And the only way it ever will exist is if it is marketable. Which it isn't without some sort of totally unconstitutional government mandate. Therefore the R&D money to design a reliable product simply doesn't exist.

It's a tired old anti gun charade.

There’s two aspects to this that wind me up. First off, I’m not connecting my gun to my iPhone - even though I’m sure it’s perfectly safe and nothing could go wrong. Mmmkay. Secondly, every biometric device I’ve used has been far from perfect. Try putting a sweaty fingerprint ona biometric reader and see how that goes. Or a bloody one. Luckily you probably won’t be sweating and/or bloody when you need to pull your smart gun.

The sci-fi fan in me loves the idea of me saying “Sig 226,000 shoot that dirtbag hiding around the corner with a 9mm Exocet round please,” but for the meantime I’ll do it the old fashioned way.

Yet my smart phone i must reload my fingerprint at least once a month. Luckily the pad combination works to unlock and reload the print. How would you like to do that on a firearm in the heat of "battle"?
My biometric safe gets wonky sometimes to.... once again thank god there's a key option.
Is there a key or passcode for the firearm when someone is trying to kill you?
Doubtfully

We also see how well those "smart, self driving cars" are working out, as well as the EVs with the exploding/flammable laptop batteries. Seems all of these "intelligent, informed, enlightened" geniuses have forgotten all those laptops, etc that burst into flames.

Putting the word 'smart' in front of anything pretty much ensures the product is dumb, but I will say that my new SmartAss thermostat can be entertaining... it yells 'How Dare you!' if I set the the heat to high or the AC to low.
SmartAss thermostat.jpg

Last edited:
Back