testtest

Smith & Wesson Cold-Launches the New CSX Micro-Compact 9mm Pistol

It kind of reminds me of a Walther PP except it doesn't have a double-action trigger mechanism, and it is a 9MM and not a .32 auto or .380.
1641258624757.png

1641258689842.png

I applaud innovation, but I'm not sure how successful this one will be. I've been hoping Springfield would give the stack-and-a-half treatment to the 911 series because I like the idea of a 1911-inspired manual of arms on a metal-framed hi-capacity micro-compact. S&W seems to have come close to this idea, but they threw in some unusual features. I like the idea of the CSX's alloy frame, but I'm not so hot on the polymer inserts.

I think this gun sounded like a great idea in development, because it was pitched as, "lets mix the M&P and the 1911". I worry that they were aiming for a mermaid, but ended up with a fish's head on a human body. Maybe the gun will be the carry gun that I never knew that I wanted, but I really cant see myself ever picking the CSX over a Shield Plus, Hellcat, or P365.

Regarding safeties, might be marketing. Metal frame = heavier overall (than Hellcat, P365, etc). Slightly less snappy due to weight = more appeal to shooters who don't like snappy guns (read in, those of smaller stature with less strong grips). Even though heavier, it is easier to be more accurate due to mass inertia (less trigger jerk). Those folks of that "ilk" like a lot of safeties on guns, look at the Shield EZ 380. I might agree with Nutnfancy that the grip safety was moved to a trigger safety, for those who like a lot of safeties. Grip safeties can create problems for different hands, especially under the immense pressure of a self-defense situation and the crazy positions one might be in when one has to shoot. Just some thoughts...

The grip profile is similar to the Shield line while the barrel profile is slimmer than the Shields. The tang safety makes sense for condition 1. How else would you do that if not for that safety? The plastic inserts don't bother me so much. I do think the tang safety looks a bit strange. Time will tell, but with so many CC guns at my house, I will try to keep my patience for an SA-35.

I applaud innovation, but I'm not sure how successful this one will be. I've been hoping Springfield would give the stack-and-a-half treatment to the 911 series because I like the idea of a 1911-inspired manual of arms on a metal-framed hi-capacity micro-compact. S&W seems to have come close to this idea, but they threw in some unusual features. I like the idea of the CSX's alloy frame, but I'm not so hot on the polymer inserts.

I think this gun sounded like a great idea in development, because it was pitched as, "lets mix the M&P and the 1911". I worry that they were aiming for a mermaid, but ended up with a fish's head on a human body. Maybe the gun will be the carry gun that I never knew that I wanted, but I really cant see myself ever picking the CSX over a Shield Plus, Hellcat, or P365.
I can; but I don’t carry strikers.

I think the CSX is nice looking and I like that it’s not polymer, but I’ve already got a P365 and it will take a miracle to knock it off it’s podium. When I do replace the Sig it will likely be with a BUL SAS II UL.

I can; but I don’t carry strikers.
Overall, I think the CZ 75 D compact has the new Smith and Wesson beat! It holds 15 rounds and is double action, but it is heavier.

1641402885586.png

The PCR name stands for Police Czech Republic the group for whom the model was originally designed. Nearly identical in size to the CZ 75 Compact it weighs in at a full 1/4 pound lighter owing to its forged aluminum frame making it more comfortable for everyday carry. Equipped with a decocking lever the PCR is designed to be decocked before holstering. After decocking the trigger safety is much like that of a double action revolver. While there is no need to flip a safety lever off the relatively longer and heavier trigger pull for the first round requires the conscious decision to pull the trigger before firing. Other additions to the PCR include rubber grip panels serrated front and back straps for improved handling and a loaded chamber indicator.

Specifications:

• Weight: 1.710 lbs.
  • Overall Length: 7.240"
  • Height: 5.030"
  • Width: 1.380"

Back