testtest

Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0 9mm

TidalWave

Professional
All,
I’m considering the above or an EZ Shield. (I’m aware of the recent recall on the latter, and the diff in mag capacity - there are reasons I’m considering one or the other...)

My post is to ask anyone who owns a recent M&P9 M2.0 in 4.25 barrel (SKU: 11521):
Is the trigger indeed as crisp as they advertise, and with the ‘tactile audible reset’ etc? And what about that ‘high grip / low bore axis’ ?

I own the M&P 2.0 full-size that I bought in Massachusetts so it came with a 10lb pull to meet state regulations. The Mass compliant factory trigger was terrible so I upgraded my trigger with an Apex soon after purchasing which was a huge improvement over the Mass compliant trigger.

The factory trigger that came on my Shield 2.0 was way better than the full-size M&P by having a shorter pull and reset which did not need to be upgraded and I'm pretty sure this is the same trigger on the M&P full-size in the non restricted states.

The factory trigger does have an audible reset though personally I never use the audible reset myself and I feel for the reset when releasing the trigger so I can place follow up shots quicker with all my firearms.

Good to know about the trigger, 10mil - Thanks!
Yeah, I have an inexpensive S&W SD9. Love the feel of the grip... but it has a long trigger pull that’s also...well, not rough, not sluggish, but somewhere outside of ‘clean’. It needs an Apex job.
I didn’t want an M&P to be that way.

Good to know about the trigger, 10mil - Thanks!
Yeah, I have an inexpensive S&W SD9. Love the feel of the grip... but it has a long trigger pull that’s also...well, not rough, not sluggish, but somewhere outside of ‘clean’. It needs an Apex job.
I didn’t want an M&P to be that way.
My Shield 2.0 factory trigger has a little bit of pre travel with no resistance then it hits the wall with zero creep then a clean break and short reset. It's a pretty decent trigger for a daily carry but it's not as nice as the CZ P10c which has a great factory trigger.

I own several variants of the M&P 2.0 series, and can confirm that the trigger is much lighter, shorter and more crisp than the 1st gen M&Ps. The reset is now tactile and audible as well. Having owned M&Ps since they first came to market, I can also say that if you know where to shape and polish, you can turn the new triggers into something amazing without the aid of aftermarket parts like Apex.

Thanx for that good info, Glass...
If I bite on a 2.0 or an EZ, I may just take it to the range after cleaning and fire 10 rds thru my SD9 first. Then I oughta notice the difference from the new one right off. Now that I think on it, seems I recall hearing the early M&Ps weren’t all that hot.
Speaking of cleaning, do you ever use those spray blaster canned cleaners? (Hoppes blast & shine, break free powder blaster, etc?)

I cannot comment on the M&P EZ since I have not owned one. My experience has been with just about every other flavor of the M&P family of semi-auto pistols.

As to cleaning and lubricating pistols, I stopped fretting over the process long ago. For pistols, I simply clean with a decent carbon cutter like Hopped #9, and then lightly oil in the spots that the manual recommends with Mobil 1 synthetic oil. It doesn't get any cheaper or easier than that, but works just as well, and likely better than any other fancy combination of cleaners and lubricants you'll find.

All,
I’m considering the above or an EZ Shield. (I’m aware of the recent recall on the latter, and the diff in mag capacity - there are reasons I’m considering one or the other...)

My post is to ask anyone who owns a recent M&P9 M2.0 in 4.25 barrel (SKU: 11521):
Is the trigger indeed as crisp as they advertise, and with the ‘tactile audible reset’ etc? And what about that ‘high grip / low bore axis’ ?
I have it, I like it better than a Glock, better grip, a good weight, better built-in sights, less expensive and American made.

The M&P 9 2.0 Compact is fun to shoot, I live in Texas, so I got the gun in peak form without state restrictions, it's a clean shooting handgun, easy to keep it steady and on target for a followup shot.

See if your local range has one to try out.

Last edited:
The factory trigger that came on my Shield 2.0 was way better than the full-size M&P by having a shorter pull and reset which did not need to be upgraded and I'm pretty sure this is the same trigger on the M&P full-size in the non restricted states.
Agreed with the trigger being better in the Shield 2.0. I still ended up putting in the Apex spring kit.

I bought a M&P 2.0 17rd last year. Changed the trigger out to a CMC and love the gun. Trigger pull was just way too long for my personal liking. Very accurate handgun.

Back