testtest

Sneaky Congress Hides Red Flag In National Defense Authorization

I received a GOA alert on this a few days ago with a “Take Action” request. I emailed my U.S. Rep., but being a newly elected Woman Liberal Democrat, she’ll most likely vote along party lines. But at least I made my self and position known.

"
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/07/sn...onal-defense-authorization-act/#ixzz6TOwRSG6T
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

The NDAA authorizes the military to “red flag” anyone subject to the Uniform Code of Military Conduct."

I do not agree with the bill, but that "...subject to the UCMJ" phrase is what makes it so easy for them to pass crap like this. Those of us that served know that the UCMJ is pretty much all-encompassing, and Uncle Sam pretty much literally owns you.

Ironically, the military doesn't have a clue if you have firearms or not. Most military members enlist for one term with the intention of getting out after 4 or 6 years. If they own firearms, they are left at the folks house, just like I did. Some career military may keep firearms in base housing, most live off base. If you PCS overseas, you leave firearms at home with family for the most part. It would be impossible to be charged with abuse in one state, and then have to turn in firearms that are stored in another state. In my case, they had no idea what I had or where it was. "Huh?? What guns??". Idiot politicians writing idiot legislation.

Regards,
Bill

Well, this passed the house and the GOA have sent an Action Alert to send emails to your Senators and to President Trump. Action Alert is below for those that want to respond. (I did, after my 1st attempt emailing my U.S. Representative failed).

Back