testtest

Snubbies

I read that article in the magazine waiting in the doctor's office last month. Dunno who that author is (never heard of him, or don't remember his name), but I LIKE the way he thinks and I've never seen anyone else address the things he does. I considered the whole piece Very Most Way Excellent--Snakeworthy!

PS: Only thing I didn't like about the piece was it being illustrated with a 2" Smith 15, which I consider possibly The Single Stupidest Revolver S&W Ever Made, but that's a rant for another time. Wretched as it is, the author's principles and conclusions apply to it, too. ;)

I have a difficult time with DA trigger pulls like many. I was amazed while watching Jerry Miculek on TV breaking a speed shooting record with his revolver in mere seconds, all shots on target. On the slo-mo reply I watched his hands and that gun never moved though that trigger finger was flashing back and forth.

I've had multiple S&W Model 60 and Colt Detective Special revolvers over the years. I don't miss them, they had a purpose and worked fine. I have only a Kimber K6S 2" revolver now. The Kimber trigger is so much better, but it's DAO only. It's not the latest .38spl model more recently produced.

Stainless construction, DLC finish, six rounds, night sights and capability to shoot .357magnum if I want to. What's not to like?

I have a difficult time with DA trigger pulls like many. I was amazed while watching Jerry Miculek on TV breaking a speed shooting record with his revolver in mere seconds, all shots on target. On the slo-mo reply I watched his hands and that gun never moved though that trigger finger was flashing back and forth.

Yeah, that vid is seriously impressive. No doubt, it's a very heavily customized gun, and I'm sure the DA pull is way lighter than anyone would/should ever consider for a carry gun. And, it's Jerry Miculek. One of the best shooters to ever live, imo.

I read that article in the magazine waiting in the doctor's office last month. Dunno who that author is (never heard of him, or don't remember his name), but I LIKE the way he thinks and I've never seen anyone else address the things he does. I considered the whole piece Very Most Way Excellent--Snakeworthy!

PS: Only thing I didn't like about the piece was it being illustrated with a 2" Smith 15, which I consider possibly The Single Stupidest Revolver S&W Ever Made, but that's a rant for another time. Wretched as it is, the author's principles and conclusions apply to it, too. ;)
I saw a few of those 2" M15's on aircrews in SEA but have never seen one elsewhere. Must have been a USAF special order. They did fit nicely in the zippered pocket of a flight suit.

I've had multiple S&W Model 60 and Colt Detective Special revolvers over the years. I don't miss them, they had a purpose and worked fine. I have only a Kimber K6S 2" revolver now. The Kimber trigger is so much better, but it's DAO only. It's not the latest .38spl model more recently produced.

Stainless construction, DLC finish, six rounds, night sights and capability to shoot .357magnum if I want to. What's not to like?
Me too. Night sights and VZ Twister grips.
red tiger.jpg

Snubbies have their uses. I carry one on occasion, very seldom as a primary though. If you are in a situation where the snubbie has to come out you are likely in deep stuff already.

View attachment 49690

If you’re in a situation where ANY gun has to come out, you’re in it pretty deep, regardless.

Carry snubs all the time; 640 Pro w/night sights & CT grips, loaded with .357 Golden Sabers, or a 442 with .38+P Golden Sabers…or a 351C with Crit Defense, or a 43C with Aguila Interceptors. Hitting 6” gongs at 25 yards is pretty easy, with a little practice. Hitting the 8” at 50 is a little harder, but so satisfying when people say you can’t do it…which is usually followed by my saying “Wanna bet?”;)

I have seen more than one old timer with gray hair, cane, and bifocals step up to the shooting line with his jframe and proceed to shoot the vitals out of his target, after some young stud in his tacticool gear and state of the art wonder pistol states that snubs are obsolete and cannot compete with him.

After one such display in the shooting portion of my CPL class the instructor told the class that only a fool underestimates the ability of any shooter with his preferred weapon. I find this to be excellent advice.

I saw a few of those 2" M15's on aircrews in SEA but have never seen one elsewhere. Must have been a USAF special order. They did fit nicely in the zippered pocket of a flight suit.
No, it wasn't a USAF special order thing. They were a regularly cataloged S&W item for years. I've seen quite a few of them at gun shows, and in books and magazine articles.

Now, if they'd extended the barrel just long enough to get a full-length extractor rod on it, and rounded the butt, it would have been one of the finest "snotties" ever made. But they never did that. ;)

Back