testtest

So far, they got it right

She scrubbed up well for the trial. Not that it would necessarily affect her abilities but previously she liked to pose with tie dyed hair and six shooters at the ready. Her Dad was a top notch armorer in the day. Sometimes it's not worth it to hire a legacy dimwit.

1709773832127.jpeg

She scrubbed up well for the trial. Not that it would necessarily affect her abilities but previously she liked to pose with tie dyed hair and six shooters at the ready. Her Dad was a top notch armorer in the day. Sometimes it's not worth it to hire a legacy dimwit.

View attachment 53495
Okay I'm judging a book by its cover, BUT I wouldn't trust that to give me the correct time of day.

1) she most likely will NOT do the full sentence, possibly get out in short time

2) i hope she is finished in the industry, at least here in the states.

3) if she tries to obtain work as an armorer in another country's movie/tv studio, i hope they know about this, and not hire her.

she will have to find employment in some other field......like maybe a gun store sales clerk, or range safety officer..?????.... :eek:

View attachment 53495
she is (according to an article) 26 years old now.

i can think of a few people her age at the time this shooting accident took place, that probably dressed up and wore thier hair much like this.

heck, there is a woman not far from my house, she is in her 60's, and has purple hair........

and a couple of gals that come to the range, in thier late 50's one with pink hair, the other with green/blue..

expressing themselves.......???

whaddya gonna do..??

as men.......maybe get toupee's.. with a gyro propeller..???????

Maybe I’m just old, but what the H E double hockey sticks was ANY live ammo doing around firearms they were playing with? That’s just any open invitation for bad crap to happen. I’m a retired safety engineer, and I made a darn good living for decades because people are fundamentally stupid. If the potential for a bad outcome exists, some fool will find it. You cannot engineer out human screw ups, so you have to work from the mechanical and environmental side. Any “required” firearms using live ammo AND any live ammo should have been under lock and key and kept well away from “playtime” guns/blanks. Allowing both in the same area is just a stupid idea. (And it doesn’t matter if “they’ve always done it that way).

I've said this before but according to everything I read they were breaking all the rules on that set.

Supposedly they were taking all the guns out in the desert and shooting them just for the hell of it. Is supposedly there was live ammunition on set that never should have been there.

I read in one article that there were 2 other negligent discharges on the set before Hutchins was killed

All of that was responsibility of the armorer.

I don't think Alec Baldwin knows Jack about guns. I don't think it would ever occur to him to actually verify that the gun was unloaded. That's that's for the little people to do.

I'm absolutely convinced he's accountable but I don't think he knew any better.

This is what I think. I think most of us here deal with loaded guns on a daily basis. I think most of us take the four rules really seriously because we have to take the four rules really seriously.

I like to bitch about John Wayne's gun handling in movies but the reality was he knew those guns weren't loaded and he was used to being around unloaded guns and that's why he would do all the things that I bitch about.

Same thing with Alec Baldwin. I don't think he's ever Hunted. I don't think he's ever done any kind of target shooting. I will bet you he doesn't even own a gun. To him a gun is something that the Prop Master hands him right before he does a scene. It would never occur to him to have to treat it like a loaded gun.

I don't think Alec Baldwin knows Jack about guns.
Well, if, and I'll repeat  if, Baldwin attended the required safety seminars that everyone scheduled to handle the firearms on set were to satisfy or no, he's at dire fault and responsible for the firearm that was under his control. Period. I can imagine some lackey signing safety schedules for Baldwin, when he's nowhere near. I honestly try to keep negative comments about folks saddled between my ears. With Baldwin; he's a pig, deserving of comeuppance. . .again.

I hate it for the girl. Her Daddy is Thell Reed, a Hollywood and competition shooting legend. I know she was taught better. But she's young, inexperienced and was intimidated by the idiots above her. Many people made mistakes, but she was the Armorer and the blame falls on her for letting those mistakes happen.
I just hope that they don't get away with making her the scapegoat and let Baldwin off the hook. He pulled the trigger and fault lands squarely on his shoulders. No one else's.

I hate it for the girl. Her Daddy is Thell Reed, a Hollywood and competition shooting legend. I know she was taught better. But she's young, inexperienced and was intimidated by the idiots above her. Many people made mistakes, but she was the Armorer and the blame falls on her for letting those mistakes happen.
I just hope that they don't get away with making her the scapegoat and let Baldwin off the hook. He pulled the trigger and fault lands squarely on his shoulders. No one else's.
i just read a quick rundown on Thell Reed...the girl is his step-daughter.

it does not say how old she was when she became so...

She may have been inexperienced, but after all that's been said and done for the last year or so she's probably learned a lot. It's awful that it took a terrible event like this to educate her.

Back