testtest

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pro Digy

OK, I guess that's it for me guys, signing off and hopefully mods will delete my account as I asked. Seems to me, and it's very disappointing, that we're into a one-side situation of simply censoring what "management" doesn't like. "No politics, but go ahead and bash and single out one religion" or "don't wish gang members were dead but rejoice at the burglar being killed" oozes hypocrisy, I'd rather not continue down this road.

I thank everyone for input and answers to my questions, truly appreciated the sharing of info, whether I agreed or not I took everything into account without censoring or ignoring. It's been brief but interesting, frustrating at times, but interesting.

@mods: please fire away and delete my account, I don't seem to find the delete account button anywhere. Thanks!

Politics and religion cause more trouble than any subject. most sites don't allow it. the ones that do usually have a forum dedicated just for it. long as you comment on something without getting political, you're good to go. just because someone says a burglar got what he deserved does not make that a political statement.

Don't run off cause of getting a post deleted, i have had a few deleted for political. sometimes we forget to read our post for political content and when discussing certain subjects, it's hard not to get political. but you have to realize the mods have a job to do and deleting a post is not the end of the world.

stick around and don't worry about it. not worth the headache and i can promise you these mods are a whole helluva lot nicer here than some on other gun sites.

yeah it ain't like i had a few thousand posts deleted or i ruffled the wrong feathers, or said certain people need a brain piece removed...hell, we speak our minds, and if any of it gets deleted.>??

so what...???? the mods are BORED outta thier gourds, they gotta do something to earn thier weakly pay........

like just this morning, i had 2 WHOLE POSTS DELETED...IN ONE MORNING....!!!!!

i think that's a record for me......!!!!!!!!!

so what, move on...maybe the next insult or chidded remark will get by for a few more days than your last one.....

think of the fun you'll have knowing you beat the SOB's that next time..>!!!!

anyway, do as you wish......

OK... Bye. lol

I really can't stand it when people do this. "My online presence is so important I need to announce I'm leaving a forum".

Get over yourself, get some thicker skin. Stay for the great info or don't.
People disagreeing with you or a post being deleted is an opportunity to learn or to confirm beliefs, not run and hide.

I've been called lots of bad names in English and Spanish and most of the names I earned...:)

Some people say some brave stuff on a computer and then run and hide when you meet them in person. Sticks and stones and all that.

People disagreeing with you or a post being deleted is an opportunity to learn or to confirm beliefs, not run and hide.

I've been called lots of bad names in English and Spanish and most of the names I earned...:)

Some people say some brave stuff on a computer and then run and hide when you meet them in person. Sticks and stones and all that.
There is no running, I don't wish to participate. You're absolutely correct on one thing: there is a lot of behind the computer macho men that would last one second in a real face to face discussion. I do welcome discussion, some just want their opinion to be "the opinion" and that's fine.

yeah it ain't like i had a few thousand posts deleted or i ruffled the wrong feathers, or said certain people need a brain piece removed...hell, we speak our minds, and if any of it gets deleted.>??

so what...???? the mods are BORED outta thier gourds, they gotta do something to earn thier weakly pay........

like just this morning, i had 2 WHOLE POSTS DELETED...IN ONE MORNING....!!!!!

i think that's a record for me......!!!!!!!!!

so what, move on...maybe the next insult or chidded remark will get by for a few more days than your last one.....

think of the fun you'll have knowing you beat the SOB's that next time..>!!!!

anyway, do as you wish......
Yep, it's fine. I don't mind the post deleted IF that was black & white, but it isn't. It's not about "thick skin" or any BS coming from a keyboard warrior with a forum wearing a chocolate forum badge of honor, trust me. It's fine, I do appreciate your comments and help, you were one of the ones I was addressing my "thanks for your input" to.

Last edited by a moderator:

None of us here can really throw any stones. Opinions are just that. Right or wrong is in the eyes of the beholder. From time to time hot button topics show up that strike a nerve and bring about over the top responses on either side of the issue. I've tried to avoid certain conflict by learning when to stop typing and hold my cards close to my chest. We never know if big brother is watching, and I'm not referring to the mods! I've found this forum to be an oasis among the many other gun forums that are out there. I invite you then take your lumps, hang around and continue to enjoy the fellowship that the armory life offers.

Politics and religion cause more trouble than any subject. most sites don't allow it. the ones that do usually have a forum dedicated just for it. long as you comment on something without getting political, you're good to go. just because someone says a burglar got what he deserved does not make that a political statement.

Don't run off cause of getting a post deleted, i have had a few deleted for political. sometimes we forget to read our post for political content and when discussing certain subjects, it's hard not to get political. but you have to realize the mods have a job to do and deleting a post is not the end of the world.

stick around and don't worry about it. not worth the headache and i can promise you these mods are a whole helluva lot nicer here than some on other gun sites.
Yeah, one thing I would suggest the mods is to dedicate 100% of the forum to precisely what this it was designed for, but that would lower the number of posts, etc...

I wasn't asking for a response to be honest, I was genuinely saying thanks for the help. Apparently being polite and thanking everyone is perceived as "My online presence is so important I need to announce I'm leaving a forum". That is unfortunate that some cannot fathom anything could be possibly different than what's in their tiny little skull...

I understand perfectly where you are coming from. It is pretty easy (and normal) to consider a moderator deleting your thread or something you write as a personal attack. I have had that happen (not here so far though) and to say the least, it raises your ire. You can’t really “fight back” to defend yourself or what you wrote. When it happens to me, I try to remember the moderators are just human like I am, make mistakes, etc., but are doing their best to do their job here. It might help sometimes if they had more tact and ability to explain to you why they felt your post was not in keeping with the goals of the forum, but it is what it is, and most of them are volunteering their time.

If you do indeed leave the forum, I will miss your input.

oh no buddy...not me...case in point...

yesterday, Tuesday, march 28th, 2023...

i went to the public range that i am a member of..i took my S&W 1911, and posted pics here

look for posting # 97....

what i didn't mention, cuz it was NOT important, was the :poop: head, that was at the door like me, waiting for them to open up..

he saw me in the parking lot, he saw me go to the front door, and stand there.

he proceeded to get beside me, thinking he was going to get in first, but he failed.

i went to the front counter to "check in"...

the RSO was heading for the range, and that :poop: head said, "hey Joe, port # 12..."

i turned around and said in a rather LOUD voice, "like hell, you wait your turn and don't ever cut me again"..

the place had at this time 5 employees and 3 other customers, and there was DEAD silence......

the RSO asked, "who was here first", i raised my hand. the :poop: head said, "yeah, he was first"

I SPEAK UP either on a message board, or in person, i can give 2 :poop:'s what i say, how i say it or who i say it to.

and further, and i don't give a :poop: if anyone here has anything negative to say about this.....

that :poop: head was a Vet, and i could have cared any less.....he was ABOVE NO ONE to cut the dang line......

so NOOOO........I SPEAK UP.......online, or in person

This thread has been locked because of the perpetual arguing going back and forth.

Let's all remember to keep any thread topic on this forum civil if you agree with what's said or not.

A point can be made in a civil manner without resulting in personal attack's on other members or guests of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back