testtest

So You Want to Buy a Can: The Intricacies of Suppressor Ownership

Is the stock one you made. I like it.
The stock is a 50 year old Canadian Arsenal Birch wood E2, I purchased it from Treeline M14 in the raw years ago and finished it myself. Painstakingly hand sanding with the grain, and then adding two coats of pure Tung oil. It could use another coat or two of oil. Here it is right out of the box with an Iodine based protective coating.

IMG_3560.JPG

I love my suppressor (Yankee Hill Machine). I DID NOT love the 14 month wait - AFTER - the ATF took my money. That said, I used the kiosk at my local and the purchase/application process was relatively painless, but did take some time. Aaaand, you still have to undergo the standard background check before the local shop can transfer the item to you, even though you went through the whole BATFE background check process in order to legally possess the suppressor!

Still, I'd own ten if I could.

View attachment 30153
In NH you don't need a separate background check once you're tax stamp is approved and comes in, as a suppressor is not a firearm or receiver.

The LGS will keep a record of the transfer per law but there is no background check.

Back