testtest

So……

Ever heard of the Dixie Chicks?

(Or as they’re called now, the Chicks?).

Cancellation is a two way street.
Well, unlike this guy their songs did not climb the charts after the controversy. Also I think there's a difference between writing a song like this one apparently is and actually going to a foreign country and talking about how embarrassed you are to be American. Mainly that one is only going to **** off half the country, the other one pretty much pissed everyone off.

Remember this?
capture (2).jpg

Well, unlike this guy their songs did not climb the charts after the controversy. Also I think there's a difference between writing a song like this one apparently is and actually going to a foreign country and talking about how embarrassed you are to be American. Mainly that one is only going to **** off half the country, the other one pretty much pissed everyone off.
The Dixie Chicks did a Jane Fonda number on themselves in a very un-American way. Jason Aldean wrote a patriotic song that reflects the sentiment of most of us out here in the country. I will suggest no one offended by his song ever listened to his music. It is time for adults to put their foot down on these woke millenials and tell them, "That's enough!" I am not a racist or any kind of phobic, but will buy his albums.

I had all the Dixie Chicks CD's and was a big fan. When I heard the traitorous statement the one made in the U.K. I took all the CD's out back and used them as clay targets. They were a great example of artists who are clueless about their audience. They are in the same category as Jane Fonda in my book and there is no way back from that.

So this is the song that has the left going bonkers, just saw on the news that CMT took it off, while I’m not much of a country music fan, I don’t see anything wrong with it, what happened to freedom of speech?

Purchased and just added to my RoadTrip playlist.
I’m sick and disgusted with what’s happening with this country and worried for the future of our children.
To the “Woke” I say this, America is waking up and fighting back.

The Dixie Chicks did a Jane Fonda number on themselves in a very un-American way. Jason Aldean wrote a patriotic song that reflects the sentiment of most of us out here in the country. I will suggest no one offended by his song ever listened to his music. It is time for adults to put their foot down on these woke millenials and tell them, "That's enough!" I am not a racist or any kind of phobic, but will buy his albums.

I had all the Dixie Chicks CD's and was a big fan. When I heard the traitorous statement the one made in the U.K. I took all the CD's out back and used them as clay targets. They were a great example of artists who are clueless about their audience. They are in the same category as Jane Fonda in my book and there is no way back from that.

I never got into them, but then I am not a country music fan. Other than Hank Sr. and his ilk. Well, and Hank 3. My first wife liked them and what I think was the first album had some pretty good stuff on it. Whichever album had Earl and Sin Wagon on it.

What the Dixie Chicks did was trash the USA on the world stage. Jason was pointing out how small towns don't condone or put up with the level of violence that the cities do. I guess some people think that carjacking, raping, rioting, violence are legitimate expressions of freedom of speech. Those are the ones that have a problem with this video.

I think a more apt comparison to Aldean would be someone like Rage Against The Machine. Or even Bruce Springsteen or Roger Waters. Those artists regularly very vocally trash the right and tenets of conservatism. Even that is a stretch though because as far as I can see Aldean isn’t attacking the left or any political group directly. He’s pretty much just saying flag burning and rioting in the streets and trashing private property doesn’t play well in rural America. Which is true. We never see any of these protests near where I live even though I’m 45 minutes or so away from St. Louis.

Thanks for the link, Anni.

Those people and especially elected representatives of the people should be ashamed of their encouragement of the burning and looting that occurred a few years ago. For the most part, they are immune from the consequences of their actions. And, they keep getting elected!

Rural America isn’t safe from burning and looting. My parents home was built in the early 1900’s. It was on a gravel road, 3 miles off the paved highway and 13 miles from the nearest town. Some lowlife decided to burn it down after my Mom and Dad passed away. Other folks in the area had the same thing happen to their “home places.” Local Sheriff never found any suspects. It can happen anywhere.

As you say, the Chicks did a number on themselves. In addition they were representative of the changed country music/Nashville culture; that is, liberal pop stars. Pop music as we understand it, went in the tank in the 90s and so-called modern country filled the vacuum. Along with that, the political transformation of the Nashville music establishment followed the rest of the west coast and northeast music industry. Natalie Maines, the lead singer, was from Lubbock (I think), but was wondering the streets of Austin as a 2d or 3d tier rock/pop singer when she was picked up by the Chicks. All of that is OK, but many listeners assume certain values when they hear "country." That hasn't been the case for decades. This is why CMT pulled the song. Just following their Viacom/CBS/Paramount/MTV owners.

Back