testtest

SOG: A Photo History of the Secret Wars

HayesGreener, I can’t agree more with your comments. I have the deepest respect for all you Viet Nam veterans who returned home to an ungrateful country and were treated poorly. Mikes contributions are amazing and definitely puts a human element to the story. I joined the Marines after the conflict had ended so I learned about it from marines still serving and my uncles who served several tours of duty. It’s stories like Mike’s that continue to provide information about those times. Thank you to all of you Vets out there who served. With less than 3 percent of our nations population who ever served in the Military we are a special brand of person and something you should be very proud of. Service over self is a quality that not everyone can demonstrate. Joining the Marines was one of the best decisions I made. Allow me to salute all you and it is my sincere hope that all of you have found peace. May God bless all the warriors. Matthew 5:9
I also enlisted in the Marine Corps after Vietnam(1976) and had the privilege to learn from Vietnam Vets. When I was out in Subic Bay(PI) in 1977 Vietnam Vets taught me how to watch out for pick pockets and other dangers of being in those places. They were always looking out for us newbies...:) Vietnam Veterans got treated like crap after they got back to the US. It's understandable that some of them were/are bitter. I'm adopted and in 1990 I found my bio family. One of my bio brothers was a Marine who served in Vietnam. We talked. We cried. Some gave all. Some gave all they had.

I really should grab a copy of this. I was just reading about Billy Waugh's early days and a bunch of related crazy stories. I'm sure there is still much that might never see the light of day from those times.

Back