testtest

Solid copper or nylon clad bullets...9mm and .380

If Springfield ever makes a little .380, they should come out with a line of ammo for it. Solid copper and and / or nylon coated bullets. That will allow the .380 to achieve penetration similar to a regular 9mm. I saw some solid copper ammo in 5.7 x 28. Very Impressive penetration. Only issue is the 5.7 is $4 per.

If Springfield ever makes a little .380, they should come out with a line of ammo for it. Solid copper and and / or nylon coated bullets. That will allow the .380 to achieve penetration similar to a regular 9mm. I saw some solid copper ammo in 5.7 x 28. Very Impressive penetration. Only issue is the 5.7 is $4 per.
They did make a little .380–the 911.

And a FN-FMJ or hard cast WFN will penetrate quite deeply with a .380 and still cut a respectable channel.

Additionally, a nylon coating doesn’t help in penetration whatsoever. All it does is replace the alloy jacket to prevent leading…see: S&W Nyclad.

Would be what you want? Only $1.45 / round :)

la380-68-xd_2.jpg

IF it gets any traction, I think 30 Super Carry would be their logical next small cal gun.
I hope SA/HS Produkt chambers the Hellcat in 30 Super Carry.
Why? 30sc doesn't do anything different than the 9mm dies now, with the exception of what 2more rounds.
A local outdoor store went super deep on that round. They brought in guns chambered for it and a ton of the ammo, very very few bought into it. I think many consumers do not want to get sucked in and in 6 yrs there little or no support for it from most of the manufacturers. Remember the .40 was the darling and now with the exception of CZ no new platforms have been brought to the market in years, not to mention most LEO's have ditched it as well.
Honestly that is another round in my area they practically can't give it away.
My local shops will not even take a .40 in on trade.

Why? 30sc doesn't do anything different than the 9mm dies now, with the exception of what 2more rounds.
A local outdoor store went super deep on that round. They brought in guns chambered for it and a ton of the ammo, very very few bought into it. I think many consumers do not want to get sucked in and in 6 yrs there little or no support for it from most of the manufacturers. Remember the .40 was the darling and now with the exception of CZ no new platforms have been brought to the market in years, not to mention most LEO's have ditched it as well.
Honestly that is another round in my area they practically can't give it away.
My local shops will not even take a .40 in on trade.
As a replacement for .380 it has some benefits. Especially since so many are single stack designs. I'm thinking LCP 2 size guns.

As a replacement for .380 it has some benefits. Especially since so many are single stack designs. I'm thinking LCP 2 size guns.
I agree, and would like to see the Kahr PM/CM9 in 30 SuperC for the extra capacity in that single-stack micro pistol line.

The .30SC has greater COAL than .380–about the same as 9mm, iirc…so you likely won’t fit it in a .380-sized platform.

What might be interesting would be a Prodigy in .30SC, though. Probably 20+ in the flush mag, 25+ in the 9mm 20rd…30+ in a 26.

IF it gets any traction, I think 30 Super Carry would be their logical next small cal gun.
Honestly do not see it happening. Not enough exposure to the joe blows who wander in to a big box store to buy. They have all heard of. 380 and 9mm abd there are tons of options to choose from. I have yet to see a .30 SC in any store except a very well stocked gun store. And. 380 is so well entrenched in the gun makers already. And as mentioned not going to be a ready manufacturing change over in. 380 pistols.

Could be wrong but I dont see it ever being anything more than the. 327 magnum of pistols. A small but happy niche of followers.

Back