testtest

Some of my favorite quotes about firearms. Post yours!

In 1785, Thomas Jefferson wrote to his fifteen-year-old nephew, Peter Carr, regarding what he considered the best form of exercise: "... I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

"He jerked his pistol and went to work."
"Note to Mama: He won't be home for dinner."

--A.W.R. Hawkins, talking about the Good Guy and the Bad Guy, respectively, in a "Happy Ending Story."

"As a convicted felon, I am prohibited from owning firearms. Mrs. Liddy, on the other hand, has never been convicted of anything. She owns twenty-seven, some of which she stores on my side of the bed."

--G. Gordon Liddy, back in the '90s, a kinder, gentler time.

"He jerked his pistol and went to work."
"Note to Mama: He won't be home for dinner."

--A.W.R. Hawkins, talking about the Good Guy and the Bad Guy, respectively, in a "Happy Ending Story."

"As a convicted felon, I am prohibited from owning firearms. Mrs. Liddy, on the other hand, has never been convicted of anything. She owns twenty-seven, some of which she stores on my side of the bed."

--G. Gordon Liddy, back in the '90s, a kinder, gentler time.
Sigh.

Having met, and spent a (thankfully brief) amount of time with G. Gordon Liddy in the early 1990’s…

The man was a…feminine hygiene product the might be used on a Summer’s Eve, and often comes in a bag. He was a closet Nazi (he tried to play it off as just “an admiration for their use of propaganda”…but if you spoke too him on the subject, it went a LOT deeper), to put it mildly.

Seriously.

Sigh.

Having met, and spent a (thankfully brief) amount of time with G. Gordon Liddy in the early 1990’s…

The man was a…feminine hygiene product the might be used on a Summer’s Eve, and often comes in a bag. He was a closet Nazi (he tried to play it off as just “an admiration for their use of propaganda”…but if you spoke too him on the subject, it went a LOT deeper), to put it mildly.

Seriously.
I too met and spent time with him in the early '90s. I'm not gonna argue with anything you said, because you're not entirely wrong, but this isn't the place to debate such things. This thread is about "[your] favorite quotes about firearms," and that's one of mine. Nothing you said contradicts anything in the words I quoted. He said it--not just once, but many times over the years--and for all I know, it's absolutely true. So there. ;)

Got any other favorite quotes about firearms of your own? I'd enjoy reading them. ;)

I too met and spent time with him in the early '90s. I'm not gonna argue with anything you said, because you're not entirely wrong, but this isn't the place to debate such things. This thread is about "[your] favorite quotes about firearms," and that's one of mine. Nothing you said contradicts anything in the words I quoted. He said it--not just once, but many times over the years--and for all I know, it's absolutely true. So there. ;)

Got any other favorite quotes about firearms of your own? I'd enjoy reading them. ;)
Thread drift is inevitable. Embrace it.;)

“Give a man a gun, and he’s Superman. Give him two, and he’s god…”

Superintendent Pang, “Hard Boiled”

Thread drift is inevitable. Embrace it.;)
I was a professional book editor for a long time, so "thread drift" is like fingernails on a blackboard to me now. It's "in my DNA," so to speak. Embrace and respect my professionalism, please, just as I try to respect your anti-Naxi feelings. ;)

"Ultima ratio regum", King Louis XIV
Artillery I know, but still appropriate I think

1699392422501.png

"If they smash in unannounced, screaming at you and assault you with lethal force, you have two choices," Liddy said. "You can die under their bullets, or you can shoot back and try to defend your wife and family. If they're wearing flak jackets, don't shoot them there, shoot them in the head."

Back