testtest

South Carolina Chicks With Triggers

Looking thru ‘chicks w/ triggers’ info, I saw an ad for a virtual class in huge bold letters “STAY OUT OF JAIL NYC edition” etc. by this NRA & South Carolina LEO certified (I believe it was SC) woman named Robin Evans. I point it out cuz there are very few realistic scenarios where even having a firearm in NYC is legal w/ the exception being in a home, not an apartment, w/ a special handgun permit that formerly took a few years to acquire & can’t see it getting better. My first thought was “stay outta jail in NYC ? Easy. Don’t go, especially not with a gun”

Women would benefit the most from & certainly the most deserving group needing a force equalizer for protecting themselves, (followed closely by elderly) so I think it laudable to promote her for what she is doing. Just scratching my head over the NYC thing ..

Looking thru ‘chicks w/ triggers’ info, I saw an ad for a virtual class in huge bold letters “STAY OUT OF JAIL NYC edition” etc. by this NRA & South Carolina LEO certified (I believe it was SC) woman named Robin Evans. I point it out cuz there are very few realistic scenarios where even having a firearm in NYC is legal w/ the exception being in a home, not an apartment, w/ a special handgun permit that formerly took a few years to acquire & can’t see it getting better. My first thought was “stay outta jail in NYC ? Easy. Don’t go, especially not with a gun”

Women would benefit the most from & certainly the most deserving group needing a force equalizer for protecting themselves, (followed closely by elderly) so I think it laudable to promote her for what she is doing. Just scratching my head over the NYC thing ..

Just a clickbait title. There is essentially no scenario where you are carrying a firearm in NYC (Unless you are retired/off duty LEO, or work in the diamond district).

Why do you think that? Lots of people have guns there and they are legal to buy.

Not sure where you get the idea that LOTS of people have guns in the city, let alone a carry permit. Upstate is a bit more lenient but not much. Especially since that clown Hochul made it just as hard to get a long gun as it was to get a hand gun. Lots of people do NOT have guns in NYC (Legally owned anyways). Legal to buy? sure. Incredibly difficult with a long drawn out process to get permission to buy one? Absolutely. The numbers below show quite the contrary to your statement. Not sure about you, but to me 0.003 per capita is not alot of guns.

There are about 30,000 NYC civilian handgun permit holders out of a population of about 9,000,000, or about 3 guns per thousand (which is an easier number to visualize than 0.003 guns per capita). Also there are about 50,000 armed law enforcement officers in the NYPD and various other agencies, each of which has at least one gun; several have 2, 3 or more including service pistols, off-duty and backup handguns, rifles, and shotguns/riot guns. This gives a hard floor to the official NYC estimates of at least 100,000 guns, or about 10-12 guns/1000 population.

Keep in mind, a Handgun permit in NYC is not a permit to carry one on your persons. It allows you to purchase one to have in your home, and to be transported in your vehicle to and from a range. That's it.

Not sure where you get the idea that LOTS of people have guns in the city, let alone a carry permit. Upstate is a bit more lenient but not much. Especially since that clown Hochul made it just as hard to get a long gun as it was to get a hand gun. Lots of people do NOT have guns in NYC (Legally owned anyways). Legal to buy? sure. Incredibly difficult with a long drawn out process to get permission to buy one? Absolutely. The numbers below show quite the contrary to your statement. Not sure about you, but to me 0.003 per capita is not alot of guns.

There are about 30,000 NYC civilian handgun permit holders out of a population of about 9,000,000, or about 3 guns per thousand (which is an easier number to visualize than 0.003 guns per capita). Also there are about 50,000 armed law enforcement officers in the NYPD and various other agencies, each of which has at least one gun; several have 2, 3 or more including service pistols, off-duty and backup handguns, rifles, and shotguns/riot guns. This gives a hard floor to the official NYC estimates of at least 100,000 guns, or about 10-12 guns/1000 population.

Keep in mind, a Handgun permit in NYC is not a permit to carry one on your persons. It allows you to purchase one to have in your home, and to be transported in your vehicle to and from a range. That's it.
My neighbor grew up in NYC & his father, a staunch 2nd A supporter has a permit for home defense & transportation to & from the range ONLY. His mom, retired NYC teacher, applied at the same time, 40+ yrs ago and was denied - no reason given. Love the hard numbers ddeuce22 vs just my informal knowledge of living upstate

Don't mind him. His entire purpose at this forum is to be disagreeable and pedal his leftwing ideology.

My neighbor grew up in NYC & his father, a staunch 2nd A supporter has a permit for home defense & transportation to & from the range ONLY. His mom, retired NYC teacher, applied at the same time, 40+ yrs ago and was denied - no reason given. Love the hard numbers ddeuce22 vs just my informal knowledge of living upstate
Born and raised in Brooklyn for 34 years. My last 4 years have been in Texas.

My entire lifetime there, besides the NYPD in my family and circle of friends, I only ever knew one person who had a firearm in their home that was a civilian and it was a bolt action and he was an avid hunter.

Firearm culture is just not a thing in NY. Carrying for protection is just not a thing in NY.
This was just one of many reasons we left NYC.

Born and raised in Brooklyn for 34 years. My last 4 years have been in Texas.

My entire lifetime there, besides the NYPD in my family and circle of friends, I only ever knew one person who had a firearm in their home that was a civilian and it was a bolt action and he was an avid hunter.

Firearm culture is just not a thing in NY. Carrying for protection is just not a thing in NY.
This was just one of many reasons we left NYC.
Hear that - the one time I played tourist in the big 🍎 was early 90s & felt odd not carrying especially when my permit’s valid everyplace else in the state.
Majority of the people I know are serious deer hunters and/or CCW holders - downstate or from Albany south wards, seems like closer to NYC u get, less likely u r to see guns in a positive light, generally of course. SUNY colleges are left-leaning havens that keep that flame of foolishness going for sure. Majority of these ‘kids’ haven’t even held, let alone fired, any type of gun therefore they’re uniquely qualified to opine on who should have them & who shouldn’t.
Thus endeth my podium pounding & 2 cents. Texas does seem pretty appealing about now.

Y’all ever notice that the places where ours most likely to NEED a gun are the places that don’t want you to have one? Couldn’t be a correlation there…🙄

Back