testtest

Sports on TV

Politics have ruined most pro sports for me, but I'm holding out hope for College Football this year. Other than that, UFC/MMA is the only televised sport that I'm willing to watch these days.

What is a competitor willing to expose himself to in effort to win?

I believe Indy cars have a slight edge in speed vis-a-vis F! cars, but F! cars blow away Indy cars in acceleration, which is where precise hand-eye coordination is crucial.

The most difficult feat in team sports is hitting a major league fastball. But probability of death in a batter's box is close to zero. At 200+ MPH, a slight error in hand-eye coordination could be the last error an F1 driver will make.

Motocross racing is probably the most dangerous sport, and it's incredibly exciting, far, far, infinitely more exciting that any team sport, including the NFL, when seen live.

I was a teenager when Lauda nearly died. It was a shock to learn at a young age that athletes were willing to die to become world champion. Sports writers recognized Lauda as the bravest of all athletes.

Robbie Maddison is a stud. He has obliterated every one of Evel Knievel's records. Robbie Maddison challenges death every time he attempts a stunt. His interview with ESPN is far more John Wayne than John Wayne could've hoped to be John Wayne:

Robbie Maddison might have a death wish; either that or he's completely fearless:

I'd rank "Rush" the second best sports movie of all time behind only "Pride of the Yankees". Factor out my immense admiration and respect for Lou Gehrig, and "Rush" is the greatest sports movie ever made.

Back