testtest

Springfield 1911

Marek71

Master Class
I am thinking about adding one of the Springfield 1911s to my collection. I'm debating between the Ronin, Garrison, and Operator. I'm sure there are 1911 guys out there that know a lot about these guns, what are your thoughts on the differences in choices between these three? Also any other recommendations outside of these three?

i have the Ronin, bought it cuz i really wanted a S&W Series "E" and the store did not have it.

salesman, said, something like, "we just got in a shipment of Ronin's, wanna at least see one"?

sure i said, and i bought that, then the Series "E" later.

darned good gun, i have read too many horror stories about the Garrison rusting, one guy on this site in fact.

Internally, they are all basically the same, so it really comes down to 1) Do you want a rail? If so, then the Operator is the choice. 2) Aesthetically, do you like two-tone? If yes, then Ronin, if not then Garrison.

I own a Ronin (10mm) and it's a great 1911 for the price. Good durable finish, and a great shooter.

I am thinking about adding one of the Springfield 1911s to my collection. I'm debating between the Ronin, Garrison, and Operator. I'm sure there are 1911 guys out there that know a lot about these guns, what are your thoughts on the differences in choices between these three? Also any other recommendations outside of these three?
Operator all the way
I have had 3 SA 1911’s and the Operator is by far my favorite ergonomically and otherwise.
My SA defend your Legacy base model has never failed me afield, but its a no frills 1911 that gets muddy and dirty on hog hunts.
7312FF31-6B86-4219-8B31-DE426A8F4D55.jpeg

I'm leaning towards the Ronin, I really like the looks of it. I'll go to a local gun shop and look at them in person and get a feel for them. I just wanted some input from people who already did and chose one over the other.
my one and only picture of my Ronin...

1694293395503.png

i started out with my first 1911 purchase a Remington R1 blued.....a few other 1911's after that, blued as well...

but then the 2 tones, and satin finish or SS caught my eyes, and i have pretty much gotten rid of all my "basic black" (blued) 1911's.....

I have the Kimber Custom 2 (essentially the same as the Ronin) bought during the height of Covid, couldn't find a Ronin in stock.
I love it...but I have found as much as I love how it looks, and it's very accurate, It's not the best for shooting, grip wise. The wood grips look great, but for no real grip. And no checkering on the front of the frame.

So, I ended up buying Magpul grips and am looking to put some grip tape on the front of the frame, so, it will totally change the look

Back