testtest

Springfield Armory lacking in Quality Control and Stupid RMA repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's always best to call them instead of emailing them, and yes, more then likely your warranty is void since you had someone else work on it, and in my 40+ years of shooting handguns, no fixed sited pistol or revolver will shoot perfectly to the point of aim, you either compensate yourself or you drift the sights, just sayin

IMG_9648.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

I'm about at my end of the rope with Springfield, the last two guns I purchase have had issues out of the box. Let me describe the last round, I purchased a Emissary 4.25 inch .45. Out of the box it's shooting to the left, weird I think to myself. I get a different set of sights install and same issue, check online and every post I read is directed at the shooter being the issue. I'm pretty seasoned shooter and I'm pretty spot on so I'm feeling its not me. I put the pistol in a mount and shoot and there it is still shooting to the left. I reach out to the Warranty department and they say send it in for RMA. A couple of weeks go by and then I get a notice that it's been shipped back to me, sight adjusted is what it said. So here's how the RMA department "FIXED" this gun, by cranking the sight to the right and provide me with the target. Well the only positive thing to come out of this was I was right, it's shoots to the left. WTH seriously is this acceptable fix for Springfield. I've added a few photo's to give you an idea of how Springfield fixed this issue. I'm guessing this is the very last Springfield that will be gotten with my money. Again this is the second SA gun that I've had issues with out of the box in the past year. I email RMA and got no reply and also Customer Service and no reply from them either.

Today I took it to a gunsmith to them look at it and see if they can resolve the issue, but now my warranty is probably going to be void, but at least I'll have a gun that shoots straight!

Anyone else running into issue with Quality control?
sorry to hear this...i had several 1911's myself, many being S/A's, and frankly i had 1 that came out of the box, with the sight more to the right than normal, (not as much as yours) and it shot great. being a factory made gun, it is what it is.

now all i have left is my Hellcat, as far as an S/A gun is concerned.

not a bad brand by any means, i just wanted to reduce my herd, and am keeping the "higher dollar" 1911's.

if it bothers you that much, get back with them, via phone, not email, and if still no satisfaction? and the gun comes back from the smith with a "clean health check up"..??

trade or sell it......be done with it.

Last edited:
All my "SA-Made" 1911's are mid-90's and older ones and have been fine.

The others are from the XD/XDm family that's imported with no problems there.

BTW - How a person handles a handgun can also affect the point-of-aim, and correcting that piece-of-the equation would lessen the need to drift/adjust the sights.

View attachment 54641
The charts you provided would be directed at the shooter, since the fix from the RMA was the move the sight to the right it goes to show its not the shooter but the gun. He would have a different experance.
Does it shoot to POA now? How does it group? That's the important part.

Sights get adjusted all the time. Its normal. The gun is most likely well within all specs. But the way it went together, it shoots slightly right. That is not unusual at all. The fix is to adjust the sights.

I'm not quite sure I understand what exactly is your issue with this is? Please explain.
Well, it's always best to call them instead of emailing them, and yes, more then likely your warranty is void since you had someone else work on it, and in my 40+ years of shooting handguns, no fixed sited pistol or revolver will shoot perfectly to the point of aim, you either compensate yourself or you drift the sights, just sayin

I'm about at my end of the rope with Springfield, the last two guns I purchase have had issues out of the box. Let me describe the last round, I purchased a Emissary 4.25 inch .45. Out of the box it's shooting to the left, weird I think to myself. I get a different set of sights install and same issue, check online and every post I read is directed at the shooter being the issue. I'm pretty seasoned shooter and I'm pretty spot on so I'm feeling its not me. I put the pistol in a mount and shoot and there it is still shooting to the left. I reach out to the Warranty department and they say send it in for RMA. A couple of weeks go by and then I get a notice that it's been shipped back to me, sight adjusted is what it said. So here's how the RMA department "FIXED" this gun, by cranking the sight to the right and provide me with the target. Well the only positive thing to come out of this was I was right, it's shoots to the left. WTH seriously is this acceptable fix for Springfield. I've added a few photo's to give you an idea of how Springfield fixed this issue. I'm guessing this is the very last Springfield that will be gotten with my money. Again this is the second SA gun that I've had issues with out of the box in the past year. I email RMA and got no reply and also Customer Service and no reply from them either.

Today I took it to a gunsmith to them look at it and see if they can resolve the issue, but now my warranty is probably going to be void, but at least I'll have a gun that shoots straight!

The proper fix for a gun that shoots off is to adjust the sight. There's no longer a problem.

The charts you provided would be directed at the shooter, since the fix from the RMA was the move the sight to the right it goes to show its not the shooter but the gun. He would have a different experance.

Why copy my last post and add nothing????

Have you shot rear U-Notch sights before this gun?

I owned at one time that very same gun and out of the box it shot lights out straight. I spent close to 30 years of my life in manufacturing, 20 of those years was making firearms and I can say without a doubt anything made by man will have tolerance differences. There is NOT one thing that is mass produced that is exactly the same.
I am partial to SA firearms but own now and have owned other guns made by other manufacturers and have NEVER thought about drifting a site to correct POA versus POI I shoot the gun, check POI and adjust my grip and shooting style to the individual gun and I’m dead nuts on target. The problem is you not the gun.
My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back