testtest

Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM 16

While lurking here in the forum as August approaches, I've seen some threads on the M1A Scout Squad rifle...

If you had the choice between the SOCOM 16 or the 18" Scout Squad, which would you go for to use as a "battle rifle"?

Not planning to hunt with this M1A, mostly for range and/or home & property defense, and I already have a 10" Saint Victor .308 pistol tasked with CQB & "truck gun" duties.

I'm in a holding pattern until I figure this out (& "both" is not an option). Request assistance...

Scout Squad
While lurking here in the forum as August approaches, I've seen some threads on the M1A Scout Squad rifle...

If you had the choice between the SOCOM 16 or the 18" Scout Squad, which would you go for to use as a "battle rifle"?

Not planning to hunt with this M1A, mostly for range and/or home & property defense, and I already have a 10" Saint Victor .308 pistol tasked with CQB & "truck gun" duties.

I'm in a holding pattern until I figure this out (& "both" is not an option). Request assistance...
I agree with Blackfeather
18” Scout

Well damn...

Good to know, as I'm burning up the internet looking for add-ons, options, and accessories.

I'm slowly leaning towards the Scout, but the SOCOM is in my LGS currently. May have to wait a month or so for the Scout, and not sure if I'd go with wood or composite stock.

Great input/advice, BTW...

Well damn...

Good to know, as I'm burning up the internet looking for add-ons, options, and accessories.

I'm slowly leaning towards the Scout, but the SOCOM is in my LGS currently. May have to wait a month or so for the Scout, and not sure if I'd go with wood or composite stock.

The 18" Bush/Scout/MK14 Mod 0 & 1 are my favorite general purpose M14/M1A rifles, especially when they are set up with the SEI parts mentioned above. If/When I build another 18" M14 I will use their hooded gas lock front sight, it's fast and accurate.

Well damn...

Wood would be more classic looking but composite would be less weight.
The action is heavy as it is.

Back