testtest

Springfield Armory Saint Victor 308 worth it?

I have many AR10s in 308 I've built and are good rifles. That Henry looks awesome in the lever. It's worth what you think of it! Some on here have had good luck with it and others have had issues, but we're resolved. Getting the ammo your gun likes might take several boxes of various brands and bullet weight/types.

I don't like the .308 in a 16" barrel, 18 to 20 is more ideal to me. Many here love their SV .308, I on the other hand was very happy to get rid of mine and replace it with an M1A which I find shoots WAY better. It has its cons as well.

I have many AR10s in 308 I've built and are good rifles. That Henry looks awesome in the lever. It's worth what you think of it! Some on here have had good luck with it and others have had issues, but we're resolved. Getting the ammo your gun likes might take several boxes of various brands and bullet weight/types.
My issue with the Henry is the barrel gets heated really fast and loses accuracy. If you space your shots out 3 to 5 minutes apart they're great guns. The bolt locks up great and the lever functions great.

Well, let me preface this by saying that A) I am not an AR expert at all, especially compared to these guys, B) I know this is a Springfield forum and C) I have never even held a Saint or any Springfield AR let alone fired one.

That said, I agree with Talyn. You can build them cheaper. The ones I have put together myself all run great and do what I need them to do, but as I said, I am certainly not the most discerning or discriminating AR guy.

Anyone have any real world experience with this rifle? Worth the 1300-1500 price? Believe it or not I am looking to use it to replace my Henry Long Ranger in 308 as my main hunting rifle. I know, I know, flame on! :)
My son and I have hundreds of hogs down with a Saint Victor .308. Great for close in, rapid fire on the move hogs.
My M1A is a little more accurate, but longer length and more suited to stationary hunting.

Love my Victor and can’t say enough how fantastic it has been. Unlike some others here that have had problems, mine has been phenomenal.

I don't like the .308 in a 16" barrel, 18 to 20 is more ideal to me. Many here love their SV .308, I on the other hand was very happy to get rid of mine and replace it with an M1A which I find shoots WAY better. It has its cons as well.
I agree! All the barrels I have are AR based from 18-26", but 22" in m118 is my favorite.

I agree! All the barrels I have are AR based from 18-26", but 22" in m118 is my favorite.
Hmm.

So a HK51 isn’t your thing, eh?
242BB45F-4B9E-4676-81AB-81B6135B076E.png

Depends, accuracy varies wildly, factory min is 2.5 moa at 100 yards. I replaced the barrel on mine with a BA barrel and now it is less than 1 moa. You can get a complete rifle from BA for about the retail of the Springfield and BA has a 1 MOA guarantee. Mine runs fine but the factory barrel was 2 MOA after Springfield replaced the original barrel. Ballistic Advantage

Back