testtest

Springfield build times?!?!

Has anyone had any experience lately with how long Springfield is taking to complete a build on an ordered pistol??

I placed an order on December 1st through my gun shop for a 1911 Ronin. He told me that he will not be notified of anything until the day it ships. He said it could be two weeks or two months. Well it’s been two months and I’m starting a job next week where I expected to be carrying it. Now I’m trying to come up with a plan B.

Has anyone had any experience lately with how long Springfield is taking to complete a build on an ordered pistol??

I placed an order on December 1st through my gun shop for a 1911 Ronin. He told me that he will not be notified of anything until the day it ships. He said it could be two weeks or two months. Well it’s been two months and I’m starting a job next week where I expected to be carrying it. Now I’m trying to come up with a plan B.
You might want to read this:

If your dealer isn’t a big player...he’s way down on the food chain in regards to getting product.

The supply chain for all things manufactured
Fixed it for ya.

I work in automotive repair. I tell my technicians "don't bother telling me something is backordered...tell me when something ISN'T backordered." Batteries. Thermostats. Belts. Freakin' SPARK PLUGS. If it's manufactured...it's behind schedule. Shutdowns don't just apply to end-user retail - they involve mines. Raw material production. Industrial manufacturing. And final-product manufacturing.

It's all slowed down, all the way to when we dig the stuff out of the ground.

We’ll, been 8 months and no word, no 1911, no nothing. Sent an email to Springfield asking what are their delivery times and got a read receipt, but no reply, Crickets. I’m hoping at 9 months I’ll have the baby, but not looking good. Customers don’t really matter I guess.

We’ll, been 8 months and no word, no 1911, no nothing. Sent an email to Springfield asking what are their delivery times and got a read receipt, but no reply, Crickets. I’m hoping at 9 months I’ll have the baby, but not looking good. Customers don’t really matter I guess.
It has nothing to do with whether customers matter as Springfield Armory is the best in the business in regards to customer service.
Supply chain and demand is crazy with everything not just firearms. You either wait or look around, I was looking for a specific gun and kept checking local gun shops eventually I found one and bought it, took two months.

Last edited:

My favorite LGS here in Kentucky has had Ronin’s in all available calibers every time I’ve stopped by, they are out there, you can’t order one then sit around waiting. You have to keep vigilant and shop around.

As I mentioned in another thread I have been looking for a SA 1911 TRP Operator and my supplier tells me 6-12 months. There are a few on the auction sites but I refuse to enrich the scalpers. I have had a similar response to my search for a Sig P220 Legion as well.

I mentioned this on another thread, but I ordered a 10mm Ronin in January 2021 and it did not arrive at my FFL until June 2021 (2 months after I found it in stock elsewhere and bought it). Looking at an M1A-Loaded, and I am convinced I'll have to google-search one for sale new from a reputable online seller, transfer it to my FFL, and pay the $50 transfer fee. I have not seen a single M1A-Loaded -Walnut in stock at any gun shop in WI in the last year. Seen 3 standards, but no loaded models...Sucks being picky.

When I am looking for something I tend to do a good bit of shopping around. I find gunbroker a good place to look to get prices. I usually check my local dealers first but if the price difference is hundreds of dollars, or I cant find what I want locally, I will purchase online as long as the dealer is somewhat highly rated. I avoid the used from individuals except for local gun shows, pawn shops ect., I like to put my hands on used firearms prior to purchase, just my personal preference. 😉
I looked at a Wilson combat special order, the backorder is months at least.

Just a FYI .. want to special order a California 1911 TRP full rail .. THE WAIT time is about 3 plus years !!??🤬🤣... there are plenty of Kimbers 1911 ON the store shelves .. BUT not SPRINGFIELD 😣😈

I don't think anyone will be able to give you a good answer right now. The supply chain for all things firearms is severely stretched right now.
Just my opinion. There are NO SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES, PERIOD.
There are several reasons why this issue drags on.
1. Government involvement
2. Incompetent management
3. Lack of a labor force
Just to name a few.
I just returned from a tour of BMW's North American plant in Spartinburg, SC. This plant manufacturers X1's,X3's,X5's, & X7's both left and right hand drives for the globe. It is the only facility of its kind. They produce 1500 vehicles everyday, 6.5 days a week. Every model, every color, every option, every motor available using "just in time" inventory methods. They source their engines from Germany and Austria. There are 157 parts in typical door. Every vehicle they build is already sold, as they only build to order. They deliver complete vehicles with no missing chips or backordered options 100% of the time.
Please don't tell me there is a supply chain issue !!

Just my opinion. There are NO SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES, PERIOD.
There are several reasons why this issue drags on.
1. Government involvement
2. Incompetent management
3. Lack of a labor force
Just to name a few.
I just returned from a tour of BMW's North American plant in Spartinburg, SC. This plant manufacturers X1's,X3's,X5's, & X7's both left and right hand drives for the globe. It is the only facility of its kind. They produce 1500 vehicles everyday, 6.5 days a week. Every model, every color, every option, every motor available using "just in time" inventory methods. They source their engines from Germany and Austria. There are 157 parts in typical door. Every vehicle they build is already sold, as they only build to order. They deliver complete vehicles with no missing chips or backordered options 100% of the time.
Please don't tell me there is a supply chain issue !!
You are replying to a post that is over a year old. Things were in short supply then as there were on going Covid restrictions world wide at that time.

Just a FYI .. want to special order a California 1911 TRP full rail .. THE WAIT time is about 3 plus years !!??🤬🤣... there are plenty of Kimbers 1911 ON the store shelves .. BUT not SPRINGFIELD 😣😈
You are replying to a post that is over a year old. Things were in short supply then as there were on going Covid restrictions world wide at that time.
My Sister ordered this one about a year ago. Still no update from Turner's or Springfield. Just told her the bad news and Turners said she can get a full refund if its not there by September. THANKS!!

Back