testtest

Springfield EMP .40 3”

Springfield Armory Addict

Alpha
Founding Member
Palmetto state armory has these for cheap. I’m tempted to buy one. I’ve always wanted the 3”EMP but in 9mm. I sold all of my handguns in .40, but I still have a few boxes of ammo.
E71B8384-B3F9-4EE6-89E8-5FF7814D430B.png

Anyone own one and have any problems?

I went ahead and ordered this one on Saturday-now patiently waiting for it to come to my FFL.
I checked with Shoot Point Blank first to see if they could match price but was a no go-they had a EMP 4 in .40 but not the 3 inch.Also was not even close on price I was quoted $954.00.

Palmetto state armory has these for cheap. I’m tempted to buy one. I’ve always wanted the 3”EMP but in 9mm. I sold all of my handguns in .40, but I still have a few boxes of ammo.

Anyone own one and have any problems?
I saw this last week, spent a few days pondering, then just couldn’t pass up on such a sweet deal. I placed the order last Thursday evening, PSA was probably closed by then. Shipping notice updated today. UPS finally picked up and it’s expected in to my FFL on Monday. We’ll see, since Monday’s a Holiday. If it does come in I’ll have time to shoot it same day...once I buy some ammo. Unlike you, my only ammo is my own hand loads. I never start a new handgun out on my loads, and these are all test ladders for my Beretta PX4.
Locally, Cabela’s has the largest ammo selection, and ought to be cheaper than Point Blank, my indoor range.

I saw this last week, spent a few days pondering, then just couldn’t pass up on such a sweet deal. I placed the order last Thursday evening, PSA was probably closed by then. Shipping notice updated today. UPS finally picked up and it’s expected in to my FFL on Monday. We’ll see, since Monday’s a Holiday. If it does come in I’ll have time to shoot it same day...once I buy some ammo. Unlike you, my only ammo is my own hand loads. I never start a new handgun out on my loads, and these are all test ladders for my Beretta PX4.
Locally, Cabela’s has the largest ammo selection, and ought to be cheaper than Point Blank, my indoor range.
Same deal here-UPS finally picked up this afternoon after sitting in limbo since Thursday morning at 6:30AM-kinda wonder what that's all about-the delay in pick up I mean.

Bumping an old thread here. @krunchnik @markr6754 how did these turn out for you. Heck of a buy at 699
This remains one of my all time favorite handguns. I’m a long time 1911 fan, having carried one during my 9 years in the USN. I’ve been developing loads for it all year long, and have another 6 powder/bullet combinations to test out. I’ve gotten pretty good at taking it down, now that the recoil rod clip has loosened a bit.
This pistol is a tack shooter in my hands...something that I can’t say of every recent purchase. Planning to get an EMP in 9mm as soon as I find one while I have money in hand. This also turned into the best time to buy the EMP 40. I was still finding ammo at reasonable prices long after 9mm and other “popular” calibers were sold out or doubled in price.

This remains one of my all time favorite handguns. I’m a long time 1911 fan, having carried one during my 9 years in the USN. I’ve been developing loads for it all year long, and have another 6 powder/bullet combinations to test out. I’ve gotten pretty good at taking it down, now that the recoil rod clip has loosened a bit.
This pistol is a tack shooter in my hands...something that I can’t say of every recent purchase. Planning to get an EMP in 9mm as soon as I find one while I have money in hand. This also turned into the best time to buy the EMP 40. I was still finding ammo at reasonable prices long after 9mm and other “popular” calibers were sold out or doubled in price.
Awesome! Glad to hear it. Was curious myself and def sad I missed out on such a great price!

A few months ago I came across a set of files from my previous career with NCR Corp. I immediately recognized the files...being the original announcement pics of the Springfield Armory EMP when it was released so many years ago. I'd totally forgotten these pics. I'd forgotten all about my original interest in the SA EMP...until finding the pics. Now, I can't find them again. But will post if I do.

Back