testtest

Springfield EMP Concealed Carry Contour issue

Ctrack

Alpha
I recently purchased a EMP CC Contour and have been experiencing a problem. I’ve run several hundred rounds of various brands of 9mm and have experience at least one or more “failures to extract”. It’s starting to cause me to doubt the reliability of the piece...additionally the extractor leaves a definite indent on the rim of the case. None of my other 9s leave a mark on the case...thinking about returning it to Springfield for warranty work..I understand that some firearms require a break-in period but after at least 400-500 rds of various brands it should be “broken-in”...

Has anyone experienced any problems with EMP CC Contour?

Does it do it with all brands of ammo, or just one particular one? I had a similar issue years ago on a full size 1911, it would have same issue you are describing, mine was ammo related, it would do it only with Blazer brass .45, no troubles with any other I tried, I measured the rim thickness and found the blazer was thicker and in turn wouldn’t fit right under extractor, so it was ftf, and extraction issues.

Does it do it with all brands of ammo, or just one particular one? I had a similar issue years ago on a full size 1911, it would have same issue you are describing, mine was ammo related, it would do it only with Blazer brass .45, no troubles with any other I tried, I measured the rim thickness and found the blazer was thicker and in turn wouldn’t fit right under extractor, so it was ftf, and extraction issues.
Unfortunately I haven’t found a brand it hasn’t done it at least once...

Ok, maybe give it some more time, or get ahold of Springfield’s CS and see what they have to say, hope you can get it figured out.

Ok, maybe give it some more time, or get ahold of Springfield’s CS and see what they have to say, hope you can get it figured out.
I plan on giving it a good cleaning and run a box of different brands, record results, before I contact Springfield CS...attached an example of ejection failure
5D610F65-6B58-4CD2-BBFA-39775D905621.jpeg

I’m starting to think that. Will give it a thorough cleaning and if that doesn’t work I‘ll contact CS about replacing the extractor.

You can test this by loading a mag then chambering a round and dropping the mag then fire the weapon. Do this through a mag, two if possible, one handed and two handed. The way it works is that the next round in the magazine is helping support the fired case as its extracted and can sometimes mask extractor issues. As Annihilator said, sounds like that may be the issue.

You can test this by loading a mag then chambering a round and dropping the mag then fire the weapon. Do this through a mag, two if possible, one handed and two handed. The way it works is that the next round in the magazine is helping support the fired case as its extracted and can sometimes mask extractor issues. As Annihilator said, sounds like that may be the issue.
Okay...I’ll give it a try...it’s interesting that I can go 20-30 rounds and no issue but then unexpectedly get a failure to extract. I have tried manually racking a few magazines of dummy rounds with no problem. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, worth a shot...

Okay...I’ll give it a try...it’s interesting that I can go 20-30 rounds and no issue but then unexpectedly get a failure to extract. I have tried manually racking a few magazines of dummy rounds with no problem. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, worth a shot...

Yeah something doesn’t sound right and hate to hear that. I would definitely give it a thorough cleaning first, as I’m sure you have and then try that at least. I know it sucks to send a firearm off but SA customer service is very good should it come down to that. Keep us posted.

Yeah something doesn’t sound right and hate to hear that. I would definitely give it a thorough cleaning first, as I’m sure you have and then try that at least. I know it sucks to send a firearm off but SA customer service is very good should it come down to that. Keep us posted.
Thanks, I’ll keep everyone posted.

Back