testtest

Springfield Operator vs. Mil-Spec 1911

Picked up my 1911 Operator today, it’s sweeet. In my opinion 1911’s are second only to my H&K P7 M13. 1911’s feel better when gripping but I don’t believe there’s a pistol out there that is close to the P7 tactically - just my opinion after having carried one for 16 years.

I like my 1911 simple with the Mil-Spec.
Its my outdoor, ride the trails, get dirty sidearm. Runs flawless. 👍👍😍
1646193072065.jpeg

Just sayin……..😵😵😵😵

Why is it impossible for SA to produce a 1911 with front strap checkering? not all of us shoot indoors on climate controlled ranges! Summer time in Louisiana makes for very sweaty days! Sure I can take the firearm to a gunsmith but why not from the factory?

Why is it impossible for SA to produce a 1911 with front strap checkering? not all of us shoot indoors on climate controlled ranges! Summer time in Louisiana makes for very sweaty days! Sure I can take the firearm to a gunsmith but why not from the factory?
They do.

TRP’s & Professionals have checkered front straps.

I love the new Emissary, I love my Mil Spec. That said i do like the new features of the operator. I find I am a purist in one respect the trigger. For whatever reason the new skeletonized triggers are not comfortable for me. My emissary has the full trigger version, I changed out my mil spec which came with a skeletonized for the original and the feel was better. I want to get the operator, but if they offered a true trigger version, I would buy it in a second, but it's not too much to switch it out. I find I like the rubber grips better than the G10, easy to find IMI makes excellent ones for the platform. I go to the Vickers model and tend to side with his design, but the operator is awesome. The key parts that will pull me in - the 8 rounds, the grip striations, the hammer, the sights, the dual safety. I am a well-seasoned shooter, but the having a thumb safety on a weapon is a must for me. Personal quirk I suppose, but I have all my toes (So far, and very few holes in my thighs).

Deciding which of these two guns to buy isn't easy. The Ronin is also very sweet! I've owned a Kimber Pro Aegis 11 in 9mm for sometime and want to add a new Springfield Armory 1911 to my arsenal. I would appreciate any comments on Kimber quality compares to the beautiful Springfield Armory 1911s? What do you think? BTW, Kimber no longer makes the Pro Aegis 11.

Back