testtest

Springfield OSP Sight Mounting Plates

CGB

Alpha
I am new the Forum. I own a XDM-40, XDS 9mm, Waypoint 2020 6.5 CM and purchased a XDM 9mm Elite OSP on February 18, 2022 - all great firearms.

I visit several archery and firearm sites but I don’t recall ever posting a comment or question on any site. This may not be a great way to start posting but here we go.

For persons that purchase Springfield OSP handguns, know that Springfield no longer provides the optical sight plates with their handguns at the time of purchase; you have to request a plate on-line. I requested a plate on February 19, it was shipped FedEx and it arrived today, March 5. According to FedEx this shipping was not an anomaly and was handled exactly as requested and designed.

By contrast, I placed an order with MidwayUSA on March 2; the order shipped USPS and arrived March 5.

So a XDM Elite and a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro ($1,100 total + or -) waiting 15-days on a nickel/dime piece of metal. I wouldn’t presume to tell Springfield how to run their business but it seems there may be a better method of handling their optic sight plate situation.

I am new the Forum. I own a XDM-40, XDS 9mm, Waypoint 2020 6.5 CM and purchased a XDM 9mm Elite OSP on February 18, 2022 - all great firearms.

I visit several archery and firearm sites but I don’t recall ever posting a comment or question on any site. This may not be a great way to start posting but here we go.

For persons that purchase Springfield OSP handguns, know that Springfield no longer provides the optical sight plates with their handguns at the time of purchase; you have to request a plate on-line. I requested a plate on February 19, it was shipped FedEx and it arrived today, March 5. According to FedEx this shipping was not an anomaly and was handled exactly as requested and designed.

By contrast, I placed an order with MidwayUSA on March 2; the order shipped USPS and arrived March 5.

So a XDM Elite and a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro ($1,100 total + or -) waiting 15-days on a nickel/dime piece of metal. I wouldn’t presume to tell Springfield how to run their business but it seems there may be a better method of handling their optic sight plate situation.
It’s FedEx not Springfield and I feel your pain. I’ve ordered things from Springfield that I’ve received in 4 days and things that took 12 days to arrive. The last FedEx driver I spoke to said they can’t keep drivers on the payroll.
I had one order that sat in the “sort” facility in the city I live in for 5 days before it was delivered.

Yeah FedEx still has their Covid shipping policy in effect. They can say it traveled as required but they don’t tell you that the Covid policy allows them a lot of leeway in what that means.

As for the plates issue, they aren’t sending every plate with each unit. Some mfg do but that makes little sense with todays supply chain issues. It absolutely does make sense to have the customer order the plate they need, still for free btw. Some mfg are only including the cover plate and your on your own to find an adaptor.

When does the tracking info say the package was picked up?

Yeah FedEx still has their Covid shipping policy in effect. They can say it traveled as required but they don’t tell you that the Covid policy allows them a lot of leeway in what that means.

As for the plates issue, they aren’t sending every plate with each unit. Some mfg do but that makes little sense with todays supply chain issues. It absolutely does make sense to have the customer order the plate they need, still for free btw. Some mfg are only including the cover plate and your on your own to find an adaptor.

When does the tracking info say the package was picked up?
That’s what I like about the Hellcat and WASP, don’t need any plates.

From the FedEx shipping record Picked-up 02/23/22 12:00AM; Delivered 03/05/22 9:31AM. Ordered on-line 02/19/22.

I know this is the wrong place to discuss this but I was not sure what the "relationship" between this Forum and SA may be. My intent is not simple criticism but thought perhaps someone within management at SA may think the process could be improved; if you don't know there is a problem, there is no problem. And, demand may be high enough for the XDM Elite that a 10-12-15 day delivery for a mounting plate is just fine.

Regarding supply chain, with only a little intended humor, I may know a fabricating shop here in northern Idaho that would produce a truck load of those plates for SA tomorrow afternoon.

I am not sure about the "Hey, ain't my fault" after about 2-years of using the COVID response as a shield. Managers manage problems. My point in showing MidwayUSA'S shipping method was somehow they figured it out. Ordered on-line 03/01/22 11:15PM; Shipped 03/02/22 4:40AM; Delivered 03/05/22.

Hey, on the bright side, I have my optical mounting plate, Leupold mounted and the XDM shoots well.

From the FedEx shipping record Picked-up 02/23/22 12:00AM; Delivered 03/05/22 9:31AM. Ordered on-line 02/19/22.

I know this is the wrong place to discuss this but I was not sure what the "relationship" between this Forum and SA may be. My intent is not simple criticism but thought perhaps someone within management at SA may think the process could be improved; if you don't know there is a problem, there is no problem. And, demand may be high enough for the XDM Elite that a 10-12-15 day delivery for a mounting plate is just fine.

Regarding supply chain, with only a little intended humor, I may know a fabricating shop here in northern Idaho that would produce a truck load of those plates for SA tomorrow afternoon.

I am not sure about the "Hey, ain't my fault" after about 2-years of using the COVID response as a shield. Managers manage problems. My point in showing MidwayUSA'S shipping method was somehow they figured it out. Ordered on-line 03/01/22 11:15PM; Shipped 03/02/22 4:40AM; Delivered 03/05/22.

Hey, on the bright side, I have my optical mounting plate, Leupold mounted and the XDM shoots well.
Well, this is a SA corporate Forum so we're pretty close. We're happy to receive criticism but the vast majority of the time it ends up being a FFL or shipper. It was ordered on 2/19 and shipped on 2/23. I do know that SA ships all parts orders the exact same way. So the variances in shipping time are indeed a FedEx issue not SA.

You're getting a lot of the same answer because the many of these guys have extensive experience with SA and it's practices. There's no animus, just seeking all the relevant info and providing answers the best we know how. While Corporate doesn't scour the forums, your comments have been passed along. Why they let us Mods run rampant on the Forum, blithely tossing chickens and flamingos like they're Mardi Gras beads, is anyone's guess.

I do hope you stick around and peruse the other sections of the forum. We have the Lounge where the "Picking Up Chicks" thread is up to 2k comments and 87k views. It's a good place to learn the vibe of the community. Unlike the last Alpha, who I baited into asking about chickens, I'll let you know that that thread is, well....interesting. 😁 Enjoy

Not going to get into this, but I have delt with Midway for almost 30 years, they are know for fast shipping, it’s called Nitro Shipping, most companies usually don’t just ship a single package, they wait till they get enough outgoing to a location, then it’s a mass shipping to that certain area, saves the company money, I had 2 orders shipped by FedX, one from Glock and Sig, took almost 3 weeks to get them even though FedX said it was in route. I’m just saying with the backlog of merchandise and the amount that was ordered due to people being cooped up home during Covid, it’s going to take some time, just my thoughts here.

Actually your response is sort of my point.

Sometime I'll tell you the story of the new Ford Super Duty I bought that didn't have a windshield because Ford wasn't sure I needed one and how the guy walking with his donkey was slow in delivery and how the Ford people had no idea he was going to be that slow. It's a great story. I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!

You do have a nice site, though.

Back