testtest

Springfield Pmag +5 Extender locking screw not flush

2IOF

Alpha
Anyone have an issue with the +5 extenders (link to them -https://store.springfield-armory.com/pmag-5-extension-with-springfield-armory-logo/) that the locking screw to the mag not coming out all the way or not the extender itself not flush with the mag itself?

I got three of these for my magpul gen 3's for my saint victor 5.56 and each one is having trouble.

Going to be legitimate with you both. The reason I got them in the first place was I recently got my AR and got the warranty set up thru Springfield. Got a store discount on it.

Also the red pops. That was the main reason. Lol.

I've already reached out to Customer Service on a return/refund. If all three did them, I rather just send it all back and move on. Gotta learn some how.

Last edited:
Not sure how the SA extender works, but this is one from Taran Tactical:

IMG_3419.jpeg

It was more of “this is what it looks like attached”…that SA one looks very similar in design.

I get ya. Thanks for the comparison, pretty much the exact same. Will most like just pass on these for the time being. I'm still in the phase of getting use to my AR and training with it.

I have two of the 5 round extenders. And yes, just because they're pretty. Haven't had any problems with them. I'd suggest calling Springfield customer service and see what they have to say.
When I get home, I'll take a look and see if I can repeat your problem.

I have two TT extenders on one set-up of two P-mags using a coupler for long-term "loaded" ready-condition. The extenders allow me to load to 30-31 rds. in each to avoid any potential spring set.

No issues with the TT brand extenders.

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would spend $40 on a 5 rd. extension when you can literally buy at least two 40 rd. P Mags for less.
40's are nice, but long. I have a couple and would still use them in a ZED outbreak.

But have standardized on 30's. The TT extenders don't add much length to a 30.

Back