testtest

Springfield purchases unified manufacturing building

More like👇. May have to explain the movie reference to the youngens
EA7A04D2-0378-42CC-81D8-9175750D1AF2.jpeg

Getting back to the idea of a tour of Springfield Armory I remember when I worked for Marlin Firearms they had a family day and employees were allowed to bring in family members to tour the plant, I had my father, cousin and nephew and my wife come in. I’ll never forget the joy I saw in my father’s eyes as I showed him the CNC machines I operated and the work I did making gun stocks. Truly a great day. 😊

I remain puzzled why any manufacturer of firearms or related products would have any facility in Illinois. Or Massachusetts. Or California. Or anyplace in the northeast US.

While I understand the logistical issues involved in relocation, why give any tax money to a state that politically hates your guts? In Illinois Chicago is the tail that wags the dog, let them finance their leftist "utopia" without any help from your company.

I remain puzzled why any manufacturer of firearms or related products would have any facility in Illinois. Or Massachusetts. Or California. Or anyplace in the northeast US.

While I understand the logistical issues involved in relocation, why give any tax money to a state that politically hates your guts? In Illinois Chicago is the tail that wags the dog, let them finance their leftist "utopia" without any help from your company.
Well I think it has to do with the fact that when gun manufacturers begin production in any given state, things have to be truly dire to force them to move because moving an entire manufacturing operation is a massively expensive affair, and most people who have never run a company - especially one that makes things - miss this fact.

Smith & Wesson, after well more than 100 years, FINALLY moved out of mASSachusetts. They did so only because their continued operation there would be 'underwater' - costing more than their net profits would allow. Springfield Armory started in 1974, a year when there was ZERO "gun rights advocacy" coming from the NRA and gun owners were a rare breed. This was before the founding of GOA, FPC, CCRKBA, SAF, and every legitimate gun rights group currently in existence. Illinois was no worse in many respects than (at the time) gun-moderate California. It's only in recent years that Illinois is looking more stridently antigun, as formerly may-issue-permit states have gone full-on Constitutional Carry.

Unless Illinois becomes so hostile to gun manufacturers that they start looking like Massachusetts or New York, chances are S.A. will not relocate to either Indiana, Kansas, or another pro-2A state!

Back