testtest

Springfield Ronin 1911 - where to buy

I am a beginner into the gun world, looking at purchasing my first gun. I did not grow up around guns so this has been quite a laborious journey for me so far. I have rented guns, went to the range with gun-owning friends, took several safety classes until I felt I found a gun that fits my needs and enjoy shooting. I am sorry for what will likely be a very novice question but I hope you will still help me figure out where to safely buy the gun I want. I have read a lot about scams and I am quite confused as where to safely do this transaction. Clearly you are a very advanced group of individual with great knowledge and experiences and hopefully you are willing to help a beginner. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Are you located near an established shooting range? Also is quality training available in your area? The NRA web page might help you locate an instructor in your area. Be forewarned, not all NRA instructors are equal but an NRA course is a good place to start. Once you have met some of your local gun folks there will be an abundance of advice, some good and some not so good. One thing for sure, there is no shortage of opinions in the gun world. A knowledgeable instructor will help you decide for yourself which gun type and caliber best suits you. A lot of folks have a pet brand or caliber but be objective in your choice. Buy only quality and stay away from junk guns. If your primary consideration is low price, you have your priorities mixed up. Be leery of gun counter salesmen and what they recommend. Some are very knowledgeable, and some don't know what they are talking about. You will have to learn who is full of knowledge and who is full of other stuff. Welcome to the community, and good luck in your quest.

I am a beginner into the gun world, looking at purchasing my first gun. I did not grow up around guns so this has been quite a laborious journey for me so far. I have rented guns, went to the range with gun-owning friends, took several safety classes until I felt I found a gun that fits my needs and enjoy shooting. I am sorry for what will likely be a very novice question but I hope you will still help me figure out where to safely buy the gun I want. I have read a lot about scams and I am quite confused as where to safely do this transaction. Clearly you are a very advanced group of individual with great knowledge and experiences and hopefully you are willing to help a beginner. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Ok so first welcome to the forum!!
Everyone on this site will help you, all you have to do is ask.
First DON’T buy your first gun online, you state that you have found a gun that fits your hand then wait to find one at a local gun store near you.
If you have questions about anything ask away we’re here to help.

I do know where there are some 1911 Ronin’s available, what state do you live in.

Ok so first welcome to the forum!!
Everyone on this site will help you, all you have to do is ask.
First DON’T buy your first gun online, you state that you have found a gun that fits your hand then wait to find one at a local gun store near you.
If you have questions about anything ask away we’re here to help.

I do know where there are some 1911 Ronin’s available, what state do you live in.
I am in Washington, kent/Seattle area. I don't mind some travel in the Puget sound for other locations. Thank you!

Some gun stores will order the gun you want.
There was a Henry rifle that I wanted during the beginning of the pandemic.
They were not available anywhere.
I called Henry rifles. They advised find an FFl that you want to use and we will get that rifle to you. I found a local FFL that was a Henry Rifle dealer spoke to them and they said we can't get those. I explained that I had spoken to Henry and what they advised.
Got the rifle in about 1 week.
The gun maker of your choice may not be as quick as Henry or even want to do this. I do believe that most FFl's will do their best to order the gun you want and if they are a big dealer of that brand you will get it sooner rather then later.

Are you located near an established shooting range? Also is quality training available in your area? The NRA web page might help you locate an instructor in your area. Be forewarned, not all NRA instructors are equal but an NRA course is a good place to start. Once you have met some of your local gun folks there will be an abundance of advice, some good and some not so good. One thing for sure, there is no shortage of opinions in the gun world. A knowledgeable instructor will help you decide for yourself which gun type and caliber best suits you. A lot of folks have a pet brand or caliber but be objective in your choice. Buy only quality and stay away from junk guns. If your primary consideration is low price, you have your priorities mixed up. Be leery of gun counter salesmen and what they recommend. Some are very knowledgeable, and some don't know what they are talking about. You will have to learn who is full of knowledge and who is full of other stuff. Welcome to the community, and good luck in your quest.
Thank you so much for all the information. I have tried a lot of guns under supervision of formal instructors and friends. I so like how this gun fits my hands and how it handles. I was told it is a decent choice. It was not a price choice, rather how it felt. I do plan to continue to take classes and be good and safe with it, I do not want to be the dumb ass that shot herself in the foot while cleaning a gun or a danger to others, that's for sure :). Right now I just need to navigate the purchase part so I can then go on with training. Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Thank you so much for all the information. I have tried a lot of guns under supervision of formal instructors and friends. I so like how this gun fits my hands and how it handles. I was told it is a decent choice. It was not a price choice, rather how it felt. I do plan to continue to take classes and be good and safe with it, I do not want to be the dumb ass that shot herself in the foot while cleaning a gun or a danger to others, that's for sure :). Right now I just need to navigate the purchase part so I can then go on with training. Thank you so much for your suggestions!
You are on the right path! Your instructors should be able to point you to a reputable shop. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes, with photos!

Have you looked for a local Springfield stocking dealer on the Springfield web site?

Your shooting friends may be able to help you choose a local dealer.
You might ask at the range if they can get the model you want.

I live in Kentucky

Have you looked for a local Springfield stocking dealer on the Springfield web site?

Your shooting friends may be able to help you choose a local dealer.
You might ask at the range if they can get the model you want.
I have not looked at that, great idea! My two friends that own lots of guns are at opposing views with where to buy guns lol! One likes gunbroker.com, the other one does not recommend that and buys his at a local range where he shoots. With are impulse buyers from what I see :) , just like me and shoes but I am trying to go different about the gun :). This is such a new world for me.

until you get into the sport of shooting, buy your gun(s) locally thru an authorized dealer of many brands.

walk in, and speak with the counter person on what you want. he or she has several avenues to look up thru different distributors what a customer wants.
be aware however, that some guns are super popular during any time, not just seasonally.

you may have to get on a "wish list" and when one comes in, and by the order of where you are on that list, you will be called.

buying online is something i have done a few times, now, thru auction sites, that the seller is a bonafide gun store, not some Joe Schmoe.

frankly, for your first 1911, i might suggest maybe a Tisas, or a Rock Island Armory. both are really very good guns (i have both brands) and are under $500 at most gun stores, and this gives you time to become acquainted with the power of a 1911 and the .45 ACP rounds, as well as field stripping and cleaning/lubing.

then "graduate" from there.

my first 1911 was a Remington R, for under $600, and it was fantastic to learn on.

until you get into the sport of shooting, buy your gun(s) locally thru an authorized dealer of many brands.

walk in, and speak with the counter person on what you want. he or she has several avenues to look up thru different distributors what a customer wants.
be aware however, that some guns are super popular during any time, not just seasonally.

you may have to get on a "wish list" and when one comes in, and by the order of where you are on that list, you will be called.

buying online is something i have done a few times, now, thru auction sites, that the seller is a bonafide gun store, not some Joe Schmoe.

frankly, for your first 1911, i might suggest maybe a Tisas, or a Rock Island Armory. both are really very good guns (i have both brands) and are under $500 at most gun stores, and this gives you time to become acquainted with the power of a 1911 and the .45 ACP rounds, as well as field stripping and cleaning/lubing.

then "graduate" from there.

my first 1911 was a Remington R, for under $600, and it was fantastic to learn on.
Excellent points, thank you very much. I am getting a 9mm though, I could not handle well any of the .45 I tried (neither physically or emotionally, my first time shooting a gun in my early 20s in another country was horrific and I had to work on overcoming that old fear). The fact that I am considering a gun and going to gun ranges is a big step for me :) so I am starting with less fire power until I am comfortable. But your advice is great all the same! Thank you!

Hi Luminita, 1st off welcome to the forum!
Second, the answer's likely right in front of you?

Novice? We're all novices at one time or another with something? Apology not needed.

Like some say, "Home is where the heart is" - and likely other things too? As you stated about what you've done and experienced already is the answer to your question? Basically, ask the people around you what experiences they've had and where they purchased from.

Also, home or the area you're familiar with now is likely a best choice when choosing firearms. It gives you an advantage of personally holding onto the particular firearm. It may be good quality, but the fit to you personally may be off unless tried and you verified the fit personally. Firearms in some ways are like gloves or other clothing, the fit and function of them for your particular needs is very important. - Is the firearm comfortable in your hand? If not, find another that is. Some people may forget? - Shopping is one separate thing, purchasing is another.

Scamming is also less likely in person at an established reputable Local Gun Store (LGS) place of business around you too. Then, if there is difficulty, the recourse or help is generally more effective than online too.

If you are set on a 9mm Ronin as a first gun and you’re familiar with 1911s you’d be hard pressed to find a better gun for the price. I have a Springfield Range Officer 1911 in 9mm and it is a fantastic gun.

Gritr Sports in the Dallas/Fort Worth area has a 5in 9mm Ronin available online. I have bought several pistols through them in the last couple of years and will vouch for them not being a scam.

I don’t know how familiar you are buying online but you will need to have the gun sent to a local FFL (dealer). Your knowledgeable friends should be able to help you out. If not, I have included a link to Gritr’s site providing you the info you will need.

Welcome, I highly recommend
https://www.rainierarms.com/
Address: 2504 Auburn Way N, Auburn, WA 98002, United States

Phone: +1 253 218 2999

I have purchased a few items from them in the past and have always had a good experience. Granted, my purchases have been online. However, they have always been very responsive and my purchases have ranged from class 3 to random accessories.

As many have recommended, get a dealer you can trust and work with them. They should be able to help you find what you need.

Hopefully this helps, dont be afraid to ask anything its the best way to learn without having a negative experience.

Should you decide to go the online route.
Look up the seller. They likely have a shop that can be checked for reviews.
Contact them to make sure they have the item.
Use a credit card to make the purchase.
They will ask for the telephone number of your local dealer. Let your local dealer know its incoming and call back to check that they have the correct information.

I have not looked at that, great idea! My two friends that own lots of guns are at opposing views with where to buy guns lol! One likes gunbroker.com, the other one does not recommend that and buys his at a local range where he shoots. With are impulse buyers from what I see :) , just like me and shoes but I am trying to go different about the gun :). This is such a new world for me.
Look at it the same way as you see shoes. If they dont have what you want and it doesn't feel right go somewhere else. The only difference is the paperwork and responsibility.

Look at it the same way as you see shoes. If they dont have what you want and it doesn't feel right go somewhere else. The only difference is the paperwork and responsibility.

Difference on guns and shoes?
Usually, but not always headache free.
If traveling, TSA frowns on these gun themed shoes and won't allow them:

Madonna shows killer instinct with 'bling bling' gun ...
Mystery Fanfare: May 2012

Back