testtest

Springfield Ronin EMP 4 Failure to Feed

I don't mean to sound heartless, but considering at any given time there are at least two threads going about multiple people having problems with SA 1911 type firearms I am finding it difficult not to be filled with ennui.

Still, I hope it works out for everyone.
If you’ve noticed that there are so many people with problems, then it must be a design problem.

If you’ve noticed that there are so many people with problems, then it must be a design problem.
As many theories as there are 1911 owners….
Rounds too “pointy”, magazine spring too strong, magazine leader too angled, ejector pushes down on 1st round and causes it to nosedive and not enter barrel, feed ramp not slick enough, need to use high grain ammo, have to oil every time used, only becomes reliable after 1,000 rounds 😀😀😀

Just got an email / tracking # that my RONIN EMP 4” will be back in a few days….replaced the broken ejector and recut and polished the barrel ramp….field tested…..said works well….no misfeeds…..until I use it.😀😀😀

As many theories as there are 1911 owners….
Rounds too “pointy”, magazine spring too strong, magazine leader too angled, ejector pushes down on 1st round and causes it to nosedive and not enter barrel, feed ramp not slick enough, need to use high grain ammo, have to oil every time used, only becomes reliable after 1,000 rounds 😀😀😀
My Kimber Custom II duel tone 1911 is a 9mm, and do is my RO Operator, both full size, the RO had a issue which was solved by replacing the factory recoil spring which was only a 9 pound spring, replaced it with a 12 pound like my Kimber, problem solved, nothing wrong with a 9mm 1911, internet conspiracy theory on 9mm 1911’s

2nd problem
Failure to extract (FTE)…..the extractor (inside the slide) is supposed to grab the edge of the spent cartridge and pull it out of the barrel……the edge of the extractor was too sharp to grab the edge, so they bevelled it so it’ll grab better.

Basically, the extracor pulls the cartridge out of the barrel, and when it hits it, the ejector throws it out.

The other FTE cause was that the ejector broke and was replaced…..the black piece should be straight and not swivel like above.

Apparently all this tuning is common for 1911’s……the gun hasn’t changed in 110 years but the shape of ammo has.

Hope all this helps…..not too crazy about keeping it beside the bed at night if it only goes “click”.

Update: Well, things appeared to be good until it wasn't. My new mags came in last week and I tested the EMP again. I had only one failure to feed with the new mag out of 100 rounds. So, I think it was a mag issue. But, today I went to the range and the tritium sights fell off my gun after 150 rounds... I'm sending the gun back to SA.
sights 2.jpg
sights 1.jpg

Hate to say this, but with all these issues with this gun, it reminds me of when Colt went on strike back in 1986 and they brought out office staff to manufacture guns, all those strike guns that were produced had major issues

Update: Well, things appeared to be good until it wasn't. My new mags came in last week and I tested the EMP again. I had only one failure to feed with the new mag out of 100 rounds. So, I think it was a mag issue. But, today I went to the range and the tritium sights fell off my gun after 150 rounds... I'm sending the gun back to SA. View attachment 26966View attachment 26967
Same happened to me….sights fell out on 2nd mag……but funny thing, was shooting betted without sights.

I have a RONIN EMP 4”………does anyone know the diameter of the front fiber optic rod and also where it can be purchased ? Want to keep some in range bag.
No response from SA.

Back