testtest

Springfield saint victor 308 issues

Recently got a saint victor chambered in 308. Haven't shot it yet but have encountered an issue I've never seen before. When a round is chambered it is almost impossible to eject the round. With and empty chamber it functions as normal. I've read online it could be an issue with the bolt. I ordered a new charging handle just to see if that solves the problem. (Also wanted an upgrade).

Another issue that might be related. When charging the rifle empty chamber it almost smells like gunpowder burning like a string smell. Which is weird since I've never fired and have thoroughly cleaned it upon receiving it. I recognize that they probably test fire at factory. But even then idk why it would be smelling that way and is also a first for me and I've shot a ton of AR platform rifles both in the military and as a civilian.

Any ideas???

Recently got a saint victor chambered in 308. Haven't shot it yet but have encountered an issue I've never seen before. When a round is chambered it is almost impossible to eject the round. With and empty chamber it functions as normal. I've read online it could be an issue with the bolt. I ordered a new charging handle just to see if that solves the problem. (Also wanted an upgrade).

Another issue that might be related. When charging the rifle empty chamber it almost smells like gunpowder burning like a string smell. Which is weird since I've never fired and have thoroughly cleaned it upon receiving it. I recognize that they probably test fire at factory. But even then idk why it would be smelling that way and is also a first for me and I've shot a ton of AR platform rifles both in the military and as a civilian.

Any ideas???
The gunpowder smell is probably the finish getting roughed up under the charging handle. This is typical for new AR's in my experience.

Are you using factory ammo? A friend of mine had trouble with reloaded rounds sticking in a bolt gun of his because of tolerance issues with his reloads. He adjusted his die's and the problem went away.

If you are using factory ammo and have this problem I'd recommend trying a different brand to rule out the possibility of out of spec cases.

If all else fails contact Springfield Customer service.

1-800-680-6866

The gunpowder smell is probably the finish getting roughed up under the charging handle. This is typical for new AR's in my experience.

Are you using factory ammo? A friend of mine had trouble with reloaded rounds sticking in a bolt gun of his because of tolerance issues with his reloads. He adjusted his die's and the problem went away.

If you are using factory ammo and have this problem I'd recommend trying a different brand to rule out the possibility of out of spec cases.

If all else fails contact Springfield Customer service.

1-800-680-6866
Thank ya sir I haven't tried a different round ill try that next. Thanks again!
I agree with 10mm
You need to run a couple different types of ammo thru the rifle.
Some guns like certain ammo and some hate certain ammo.

Back