testtest

Springfield Stingy With Spare Parts?

WellArmed

Master Class
Why isn't Springfield supporting their products by selling spare parts and components?

Beretta, Glock, Kahr, Sig, and many other manufactures sell spare factory OEM RSA, springs, extractors, firing pins, so on and so forth without an issue. They typically will have an expanded parts diagram of a gun or pistol, and then will sell basically every part except for the actual gun (frame/chassis) itself.

If I would have realized a head of time that Springfield was simular or worse than Taurus in this respect, I would not have just chose to invest in the Hellcat platform or over the P365. I would have not purchased any of their products actually.

Springfield is well known for the quality of their Customer Service. Comparing them to Taurus is a joke. How is it Springfield’s fault that you didn’t check the availability of parts before you “invested” in a Hellcat. Shame, they would have loved you on SigTalk.

Why isn't Springfield supporting their products by selling spare parts and components?

Beretta, Glock, Kahr, Sig, and many other manufactures sell spare factory OEM RSA, springs, extractors, firing pins, so on and so forth without an issue. They typically will have an expanded parts diagram of a gun or pistol, and then will sell basically every part except for the actual gun (frame/chassis) itself.

If I would have realized a head of time that Springfield was simular or worse than Taurus in this respect, I would not have just chose to invest in the Hellcat platform or over the P365. I would have not purchased any of their products actually.
Prior research would solve your problems. Perhaps we'll informed might have been better than we'll armed.

I have purchased RS Assemblies from Springfield without any issues, all you have to do is call them. As far as selling other parts unfortunately that is their prerogative. They have a lifetime warranty and a great customer service department. Enjoy your HellCat and know Springfield has your back.
As far as buying guns from other manufacturers because they sell parts that’s your choice.

Springfield is well known for the quality of their Customer Service. Comparing them to Taurus is a joke. How is it Springfield’s fault that you didn’t check the availability of parts before you “invested” in a Hellcat. Shame, they would have loved you on SigTalk.
They do compare to Taurus as both companies do not sell spare parts. That's common sense.

I and many others never realized this was an issue until we needed a part replaced.

I am on XDTalk, SigTalk, GlockTalk, TaurusArmed, Smith-WessonForum, RugerForum, HKPro, ARFcom, AKFiles, TheHighRoad, DefensiveCarry, and basically all major manufacturers forums as I own multiple handguns from just about major manufacturer. What's your point? What's that have to do with the fact that Taurus and Springfield are basically the only two major manufacturers with a, IMHO, bad business pratice of not selling replacement parts to their customers?

Last edited:
Why buy spare parts when Springfield gives you a warranty for the gun for as long as you own it?
Because guns discontinued (Springfield has discontinued several models in the past) and you'll be left without your property for several weeks just to get a simple part replacement.

Last edited:
Prior research would solve your problems. Perhaps we'll informed might have been better than we'll armed.
I casually owned Springfield XD line for years, been on most of the popular firearm forums for decades, and avidly watch firearm related YouTube videos. I am just now hearing about this. I heard about this being an issue with Taurus, but not Springfield. It wasn't until I needed a part replaced that it was brought to my attention.

Whether I knew before or after I purchased a Hellcat over the P365 is really irrelevant. You can make snarky comments directed towards me until your hearts content. I don't really care...

Back to Springfield and not me, the point is it's pretty pathetic that they aren't selling replacement parts period. It's pretty silly to force a customers to have to spend the time to ship a gun back, wait weeks for a simple part to be replaced, and then have to wait and be home for your firearm to come back. Makes even less sense when you take into account that Springfield sells some guns geared towards competition, and many competitors like to have spare wear parts on hand.

Won't sell mag springs, cotter pins, extractors, firing pins, so on and so forth. These are common wear items that all major manufacturers (especially manufacturers of duty and competition gun) should off for sale. Again, attack me all you want to as way to defend Springfield, but it's still a silly Taurus like business pratice.

Last edited:
I casually owned Springfield XD line for years, been on most of the popular firearm forums for decades, and avidly watch firearm related YouTube videos. I am just now hearing about this. I heard about this being an issue with Taurus, but not Springfield. It wasn't until I needed a part replaced that it was brought to my attention.

Whether I knew before or after I purchased a Hellcat over the P365 is really irrelevant. You can make snarky comments directed towards me until your hearts content. I don't really care...

Back to Springfield and not me, the point is it's pretty pathetic that they aren't selling replacement parts period. It's pretty silly to force a customers to have to spend the time to ship a gun back, wait weeks for a simple part to be replaced, and then have to wait and be home for your firearm to come back. Makes even less sense when you take into account that Springfield sells some guns geared towards competition, and many competitors like to have spare wear parts on hand.

Won't sell mag springs, cotter pins, extractors, firing pins, so on and so forth. These are common wear items that all major manufacturers (especially manufacturers of duty and competition gun) should off for sale. Again, attack me all you want to as way to defend Springfield, but it's still a silly Taurus like business pratice.

IF, you plan using your hard earned money on buying a firearm, and IF buying spare parts is is an important deal breaking part of your decision making process. Would not 5 minutes research be a worthy investment?

It simply gets tiresome when people join to simply complain.

IF, you plan using your hard earned money on buying a firearm, and IF buying spare parts is is an important deal breaking part of your decision making process. Would not 5 minutes research be a worthy investment?

It simply gets tiresome when people join to simply complain.
First, this is not my first post nor did I join to post about this. It's Sept 17th, and I joined Aug 18, 2022 (a month ago) after I first purchased a Hellcat. Maybe you should have done your research?

Even if I did, it's Springfield related and Springfield has this forum listed on their website. If someone has a problem, complaint, or grip, this would be a valid place to start a discussion about it.

Let me do it this way. I agree with you 200%. Everything you think and say about me is 300% true. Now that's out the way, the fact that Springfield doesn't sell replacement parts to it's customers is still a bad business pratice. What are your thoughts on Springfield pratice of not selling replacement parts, and why do you think that is?

After only a month just send it back. It's called a warranty and SA has great customer service. If there is currently nothing wrong with the Hellcat then the parts question (rant) is even more confusing.

After only a month just send it back. It's called a warranty and SA has great customer service. If there is currently nothing wrong with the Hellcat then the parts question (rant) is even more confusing.
That's a valid question. The answer is that I believe one should not have to send back a handgun and be without their carry weapon unless absolutely necessary. Many gun owners who actually shoot their firearms like to have spare replacement parts on hand, so they only have to wait several minutes instead of having to wait several weeks to have their firearms up and running again.

Then, we just went through a pandemic and Springfield does discontinue firearms from time to time, so those are perfect examples of not knowing what the future holds. They might be in a situation where parts are scares or out of stock, or they have import issues in the future. This is another reason for having wear parts on hand.

Last, it's my opinion that not fully supporting a product or selling parts to your customers is not an example of great customer service. I honestly believe the members who are coming at me with all the snarky comments know this is bad business pratice, but are being loyal to Springfield. I get it and it's cool.

Talk about being snarky. Honestly you’ve made your point, continuing to bash Springfield for a corporate decision is your right however tiresome it and you have become.

Talk about being snarky. Honestly you’ve made your point, continuing to bash Springfield for a corporate decision is your right however tiresome it and you have become.
Yes, and they deserve to be bashed. It's a valid grip and question that no one has bothered to address. To preoccupied with going at me because you don't like the topic or that I am being critical of Springfield.

"Why isn't Springfield supporting their products by selling spare parts and components?" Was the question posed in my OP, and I honestly wasn't exacting to be attacked or have all this push back when I posted the question. I expected a discussion on the question I asked, but instead the question was ignored and I became the topic of discussion.

Last edited:
Because guns discontinued (Springfield has discontinued several models in the past) and you'll be left without your property for several weeks just to get a simple part replacement.
If you’ve got, as you claim, “multiple handguns from major manufacturers”, being without one of them for a couple weeks should be a non-issue.

PS: this issue has been discussed a few times on XD Talk…it’s nothing new, and anybody who did a little research would know it.

Yes, and they deserve to be bashed. It's a valid grip and question that no one has bothered to address. To preoccupied with going at me because you don't like the topic or that I am being critical of Springfield.

"Why isn't Springfield supporting their products by selling spare parts and components?" Was the question posed in my OP, and I honestly wasn't exacting to be attacked or have all this push back when I posted the question. I expected a discussion on the question I asked, but instead the question was ignored and I became the topic of discussion.
The question was answered multiple times you just don’t like it.
Springfield Armory doesn’t sell gun parts, not to hard to understand!
There many forum members that own firearms built by manufacturers other then Springfield and for the most part understand the complexities surrounding how each manufacturer handles their businesses, obviously you have an issue with how Springfield handles their parts supply, well that’s to bad. I admit that at times I can be my own worst enemy, in this situation your feelings are hurt because your question was answered to your dislike.

Deal with it.

You say your “well armed” great however your seriously lacking in common sense.

When you show up and immediately begin whinging l about something that’s pretty much an issue to you alone, and then compare SA to a sub-rate manufacturer like Taurus…

Expect some pushback.

So pull on your big-boy pants.

The question was answered multiple times you just don’t like it.
Springfield Armory doesn’t sell gun parts, not to hard to understand!
There many forum members that own firearms built by manufacturers other then Springfield and for the most part understand the complexities surrounding how each manufacturer handles their businesses, obviously you have an issue with how Springfield handles their parts supply, well that’s to bad. I admit that at times I can be my own worst enemy, in this situation your feelings are hurt because your question was answered to your dislike.

Deal with it.

You say your “well armed” great however your seriously lacking in common sense.
The question wasn't answered. I know they don't sell spare parts hence the reason why I posted the thread. You are stating what I already pointed out, and never answered the question.

Back