testtest

Springfield Victor .308

9ECE256E-AB9F-4DF1-B2B6-358C80AEFCE5.jpeg
Is anyone else getting this level of wear after only 20 rounds? Seems like it’s gouging pretty early on.

View attachment 15992Is anyone else getting this level of wear after only 20 rounds? Seems like it’s gouging pretty early on.
Have you checked your charging handle to see if it's bent? It could possibly be bent and riding against the receiver when going into battery.

I would remove the charging handle and place it on a perfectly flat surface upside down to see if it is bent.

If there's only 20 rounds through the rifle how many times have you charged it? It's not a reciprocating part so that wouldn't cause excessive wear. 20 rounds could be fired from 1 mag by only charging the rifle once.

Last edited:
Have you checked your charging handle to see if it's bent? It could possibly be bent and riding against the receiver when going into battery.

I would remove the charging handle and place it on a perfectly flat surface upside down to see if it is bent.

If there's only 20 rounds through the rifle how many times have you charged it? It's not a reciprocating part so that wouldn't cause excessive wear. 20 rounds could be fired from 1 mag by only charging the rifle once.
It’s new to me but I can’t say I’ve charged it more than 20 times in the month I’ve owned it. Just tinkering and disassembling / reassembling it every so often.

Do you by chance have a scope on there that might be forcing you to pull down and back on your charging handle vs straight back.

9F83184B-8480-4FAB-A4D1-1D29985B0255.jpeg
30D1F279-D1C1-4B22-B32A-9AF84B8FB199.jpeg
2D88076F-D074-4687-A073-EE182BEAF54C.jpeg

I’ve attached more pictures of the charging handle. Does not appear to be bent whatsoever, but I discovered more areas that are roughed up.

Back