testtest

Springfield XD Tactical .40 Review

Thanks for the review... like you I got my first taste of Springfield Armory 20+ years ago when I bought this exact handgun, along with its little brother the 4 in. I carried the tactical as my duty gun for almost 20 years, and the 4 in as a backup. I'm retired now and the tactical is in my nightstand locked and loaded with a tac light ready for any bumps in the night. Got plenty of new guns but still trust and love my oldies.

The XD40 Tactical was my initial choice, when I was in the market for a new handgun, a few years ago just when the run on ammo was beginning to make things scarce.
Because of the lack of availability and rising cost of the .40 ammo, I settled for the XD9 Tactical. No regrets for sure, but I'd still like a 40... I'm extremely happy with my full size XD9 Tactical but I'm sure I would also enjoy the 40 just as much.

Always appreciate the article’s posted by you Mike unfortunately I’m at a loss to understand the “tactical” in this gun, maybe just me.
I'm at a loss to understand the "Tactical" in nearly everything that's called "Tactical". The word tactical has been conflated to describe things that have nothing to do with tactics, primarily as a selling feature. They have tactical flip flops for F's sake. Ridiculous.

I'm at a loss to understand the "Tactical" in nearly everything that's called "Tactical". The word tactical has been conflated to describe things that have nothing to do with tactics, primarily as a selling feature. They have tactical flip flops for F's sake. Ridiculous.

I get HK’s definition of “Tactical” when it applies to their pistols…it specifically means a threaded barrel and (usually) suppressor-height sights…and they’ve been doing it for over 20 years now; before the moniker got slapped on anything black, tan, green, or a combination of those colors.

But I don’t see what an extra inch of slide & barrel would make an XD “Tactical”.

I get HK’s definition of “Tactical” when it applies to their pistols…it specifically means a threaded barrel and (usually) suppressor-height sights…and they’ve been doing it for over 20 years now; before the moniker got slapped on anything black, tan, green, or a combination of those colors.

But I don’t see what an extra inch of slide & barrel would make an XD “Tactical”.
Yeah, I understand it when it is applied to a handgun with a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights. Or when it's applied to a specific model of shotgun designed for SD/HD, like say the 1301 Tactical as opposed to the 1301 Comp Pro. Designating something as specifically built for defensive use as opposed to sporting or some other use.
The term gets misused a lot. Tactical sunglasses, flip flops, shirts, pants, keychains, refrigerators. :rolleyes:

The Xdm Elite FDE Tactical has the threaded barrel, suppressor height sights, saw one at my dealer, looks good, just a FYI

xd-m-elite-45-osp-threaded-9mm-handgun-desert-fde

Back